Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man...aight...i got the supra...and got all the money to run the operation of giving her new life since she has a knocking rod...but my moms and her dumb sorry sac-less bf wont let me work in the garage on my ride because they say its to dirty and messy and oily....wtf are they talkin about...all im trying to do is paint my block and valve covers and install it into the car...what the fuck oil comes from that?...and if oil does leek....i can always put somethin on the floor to cover it up so oil wont get on it...where the hell else can i work on my ride guys...well to atleast run the operation i wanna run...remember...im 18...sr in hs....yet i got a hoist....engine stand....and am ready to buy my engine at will!...HELP A BROTHA OUT!

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I manage quite nicely without a garage. Take your shit outside man.

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
tell her the if you dont let me work on the engine in the garage, when you come home from work everything will be broken :lol: but serisouly, say if you want to watch me paint my block and valve covers feel free to do so, so you can see that i wont spill oil.

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
Do it out front in the street. Fuck it. Thats how I did most of my work.

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
Been there, done that. Its hard, but if its work on it in the street or not at all, what choice you gonna make?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Try discussing some options first. I.e, you will clean anything up, put cardboard/towels down first, etc. Explain exactly what you want to do, and go from there. Tell them you'll paint everything outside, etc.

Don't get mad, rude, etc. All that will do is irritate your mom and boyfriend even more, and lower your chances of success.

There may be other issues that aren't even related to fixing the car (how well you're doing in school for example ) that are making them apprehensive. If there is, try working out a compromise.

If all else fails, just do it outside. Yes, it will suck, but better to get it done than wait...

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
If she told me that, I'd be like "bitch go back in the kitchen and make me a sandwhich!"

:wtflol: all jokes aside though, just do it in the street or something. Don't let ur parents stop u from working on ur car, just do what u can to get it done. I'm 16 and I usually work on my car where it's parked, wherever that just so happens to be.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
bring it all onto the kitchen table and paint it all there. tell her u need a workplace and since u couldnt in the garage then the table was the next best thing :) or her bedroom, one or the other.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
You live in fuckin Dallas, bro....go get some friends.

Lots of Supra guys out there willing to help you out. Go to the South Section.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i mean..i have bros...but they all have the same issue i have...were basically all the same age....they wont let us use the garage...but it looks like im going to have to do it outside i can see

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
umm hit me up on aim and im sure we can work something out..... but yea also check the south section...DFW is like the largest MK3 contingent around

1 - 20 of 23 Posts