Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dyno today to get a good baseline on my car, and I was not impress with the results at all. Just so you know, it was a Mustang dyno, I only made 300hp at the rear wheels @ 20 pounds of boost. I wanted to turn the boost up to 26psi but I did not have any race gas. My car should of made a lot more power I thought.

The mods I have are:

89 Supra Turbro 5 speed (dyno'ed in 4th gear)
62-1 Turbo from Turbonetics
Cartech Stage II intercooler
RC 550cc Injectors
Rossing Racing Pistons
Map ECU (Car was very rich)
3" Exhaust from turbo back
Walbro Fuel Pump
AFPR

The run was done on 92 octane fuel

Can someone give me some ideals of what I should make on a dynojet dyno and are these numbers right for my setup?

My first run I made [email protected] of boost

·
Registered
942 Posts
i did 335.5 on a mustang with an identical setup but with a 57 trim at 15 psi. everyone says its a 12-18% difference from the dynojet, but i did not dyno yet on a dynojet to find out. im hoping for 380 on a dynojet. one way to find out is to just dyno, thats what im gonna do for some peace of mind.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
those are terrible numbers...somethings gotta be wrong...

i did 270 at 8 psi on a 60-1 ct26 with no fuel mods.... :dunno:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have found the problem, I have a broken throttle body gasket, I am hopfully going to replace it tomorrow and go back to the dyno.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did it on a mustang dyno

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
IdealSupra said:
those are terrible numbers...somethings gotta be wrong...

i did 270 at 8 psi on a 60-1 ct26 with no fuel mods.... :dunno:
werd. there are some serious issues. i did over 300 @ 9 psi....a healthy stock turboed car should be over 300 @ 14 psi.

·
Needs More BOOST
416 Posts
Hp

I have to agree with the Doc. I made 260 on a stock turbo with a boost controller set to 11.5 and intake with a Blitz exhaust without the silencer! Have the papers to prove that. 279 ft/lbs of trq.

That was on a Mustang dyno too.

Keith

D

·
0 Posts
mcoleman5 said:
I have found the problem, I have a broken throttle body gasket, I am hopfully going to replace it tomorrow and go back to the dyno.
Thats not that bad, I bet when it's up and running you'll be seeing higher I mean much higher Hp #'s.

-Dino

1 - 9 of 9 Posts