Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
Most likley the FC, mkiii is too fat and the KA24 is a weak inferior engine, it might "handle" better but the track times will be slower.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
low speed handling hands down fc, high speeds supra... 240 sx with lsd can do both well but has no power... although most of it depends on actual driving ability and setup bla bla question is very vague...

·
turbo....................
1,057 Posts
AZmkiii said:
Most likley the FC, mkiii is too fat and the KA24 is a weak inferior engine, it might "handle" better but the track times will be slower.
not so true. the mk3 can own the FC especially if its a 1j :)
who can host that video, the one w/ the skyine r32,300zx,supra(turbo A, mk3), fc, galant vr4.:)

if you dont believe me:D

-tony v

·
2,279 Posts
Don't be fooled by the rice hype. 240s suck major balls stock.

Once aftermarket, it's anybodies game.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
mk3ownZ said:
not so true. the mk3 can own the FC especially if its a 1j :)
who can host that video, the one w/ the skyine r32,300zx,supra(turbo A, mk3), fc, galant vr4.:)

if you dont believe me:D

-tony v
that race could be chocked up to inferior driving, and those cars are far from stock ... stock vs stock the mkiii won't beat a fc.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
AZmkiii said:
that race could be chocked up to inferior driving, and those cars are far from stock ... stock vs stock the mkiii won't beat a fc.
The 1/4 mile times seemed stock to me.

·
Registered
232 Posts
outofstep said:
Don't be fooled by the rice hype. 240s suck major balls stock.

Once aftermarket, it's anybodies game.
Finally someone who relizes that!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
AZmkiii said:
Ok you must be smoking crack those are all some of japans best racers..and that mkIII is stock. its the turbo A...you can buy it off the showroom floor in that form in japan. its late and im grumpy but if you look at the original post about that vid it explains it all..and if u look at end mkIII almost beats twinturbo Z. 1 more lap and it would've been over. plus track was wet...making it very easy for the AWD skyline.

-89w

·
turbo....................
1,057 Posts
89wooosh said:
Ok you must be smoking crack those are all some of japans best racers..and that mkIII is stock. its the turbo A...you can buy it off the showroom floor in that form in japan. its late and im grumpy but if you look at the original post about that vid it explains it all..and if u look at end mkIII almost beats twinturbo Z. 1 more lap and it would've been over. plus track was wet...making it very easy for the AWD skyline.

-89w
:agreed:

·
Broke Supra Addicted Fool
767 Posts
I have driven both mkiii & fc and I would have to say the FC has the supras handling beat, up until around 100+ where the supras fat tank ass holds it to the ground better.

·
Dreamer
1,628 Posts
You gotta remember that FC is most underpower among those at only 200hp & 196tq. FC isn't fast at all stock. Supra has 232hp and 254lbs of torque with 7M-GTE and probably more with 1JZ-GTE. Power counts a lot when you're on track. More power, the better it is for the track. And that track was NOT WET. Also, if you're not blind, you can clearly see that the track is dried. Do you see cars spraying water anywhere?? I just don't see how that track is wet. It is clearly dried if you just look at it... GT-R simply had the most power. All of those cars handle good stock. So they came in pretty much in order of their power rating except GTO which is a very heavy pig. FC really wasn't lightweight weighing in at almost 3000 pounds, and with only 200hp, it was not winning that race.

·
Registered
260 Posts
that...as I said before is a Turbo A it DOES have the 7m-gte. with 276hp I beleive and they ran about 14.0-3 on a dry track. and obviously 14.5's on wet track is pretty darn good. so...even if the fc had 25more hp I dont think it could've kept up...shrug I too think the FC handles better...but id rather have a turbo A. :)

-89w

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
theres a lot of info being thrown around yet none of it is completely correct.....

the video is on a dry track.

all cars were stock

that is the turbo A

the turbo A could not be had on the showroom floor in japan...special order 500 ever made

the turbo A would have been second if not for bad driving by the driver....took a few turns to wide and could have easily taken over the Z

handling straight out of the box 240 wins.

handling WITH the power FC until top end then supra

handling the power to weight ratio out of the box IMO is the supra

hanlding the power to weight ratio aftermarket is obviously whoever has theb etter setup and better power.

i think that about covers it. with such a vague question you cant really expect a straight up yes or no answer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts