1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Your link doesn't work , or at least take me to the duct. I'm guessing your refering to something like the S2 Air Duct.... fix the link :p

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Oh, I've seen those before. I can get one, at least similar , here is a pic on a MKIII:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
s2 project has a mkiii supra that utilizes a carbon fiber lip with guide for better flow. Someone mentioned it would cool the brakes better?

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
I imagine it'd do more than that. I was under the impression that the cooling system utilized a low pressure "bubble" in the engine bay to draw in additional air, this would definetly help.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How is this "low pressure bubble" achieved? There are so many dynamics that could change the variables to your thesis when making modifications to our cars.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Supraofdoom, where can you get it and how much does it cost?

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
They want an arm and a leg Buy It Now for those things (the eurou one).
I'd buy one for the opening bid (they're all over YJ) if it didn't cost just as much to ship.

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
Spaniard said:
How is this "low pressure bubble" achieved? There are so many dynamics that could change the variables to your thesis when making modifications to our cars.
I'm not completely sure, honestly, but this was what I was told when I was considering different setups for a hood. I wanting a vented hood, but was more or less told (it's been so long ago I can't even tell you who it was) that typical vented hoods actually do more to disrupt the intended airflow path than help it. Take it as a grain of salt, nothing more...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts