Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if all I need for MKIII injectors to work on the 2JZGE is a resistor pack or no

I am getting mixed answers with this topic

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Yes that is all you need. The MKIII injectors are low imp while the NA is high imp so the resistor pack is needed. Are you using the lexus MAF too?

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no I am not using a lexus MAF....I have MAP ECU 2

no they are not, i dont think dave would have said that. the mkiv turbo injectors are low imp.
i am running mkiii injectors right now.... no resistors...they are high imp so nothing is needed.

older supra mkiii turbo 23250-42010 injectors = 460cc

·
wasting my life on SF
1,808 Posts
i got on ebay to see what i could find, and that auctions said that the MK3 injectors are top feed...

...dont we need side feed?

·
Registered
936 Posts
i got on ebay to see what i could find, and that auctions said that the MK3 injectors are top feed...

...dont we need side feed?
NO "We" need top feed. take a look under you hood:1poke:

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
TT is side feed. NA is top feed. You can even use the stock connectos but you will need to remove the registration features on the 7M Injectors. A well placed dab of RTV will hold them in place just fine.

-M

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
No, the injectors dont need to be held in place. The tab that you remove only makes sure that the injector clips dont come off in case something gets caught on the wire. You can install the resistor pack anywhere, it's pretty small. Most people stick it on the firewall.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am not using a resistor pack,,,, and i am running the mkiii turbo injectors in my mkiv na-t!

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Are you sure they are the MKIII injectors because alot of NA-T seniors have used the MKIII in there project and they have all required a resistor pack. I dont know what to tell you but something is not right about your injectors if they are MKIII's and you are running them with out a resistor.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Here is the only thing i can tell you guys.
I am using these from what i ordered...23250-42010 (can someone double check to make sure they are from a mkiii)
injector rating = 440/460cc
I do have the lexus v8 maf but that should not make a difference.
controlling the injectors with only a safc2.
I am not David Copperfield... So there is no magic involved!
the only thing i had to do to them for em to drop right in was cut off the little wing things that stick out on the electical plug part of the injector.

Edit:
I am going to pull one out and double check em cause you guys are making me worry...
Update:
I just checked and they are the part number i listed and i did some research and they are rated as low imp injectors so now i am confused too! How were they working?
I actually did a low 13 second pass with em at 7psi boost at the track!
Maybe my name is David Copperfield????

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i going to order the MKIII injectors along with the resistor pack

I going to run them without the resistor and then with them to see the difference

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
well i going to order the MKIII injectors along with the resistor pack

I going to run them without the resistor and then with them to see the difference
Why not just get the high impedance injectors and eliminate the need for the resistor pack. Either of these should work without the need to redo any rewiring of plugs.

dg - are these the ones your running?

·
Registered
220 Posts
yep, mine are the bottom ones! u think the upper red ones will fit? they look a little wider and shorter but that might be just from the way they look in the pic???

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I just saying that the MKIII are very very cheap in comparision to getting legitimate NA-T injectors.

I plan on getting large injectors when i get the whole fuel system upgrade, pump,lines, injectors and regulator

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
yep, mine are the bottom ones! u think the upper red ones will fit? they look a little wider and shorter but that might be just from the way they look in the pic???
This may be why you are having a hard time controlling the A/F ratio using the AFC. Those injectors will eventually burn out trying to push 12V through them. The top injectors are the RX7 TurboII - FC ones I believe. There are people here that have used them that may be able to better tell you about the fit.
I've used RC440's as well as Delphi/Prescision/DaveH 525's currently without any fitment issues other than proprerly O-ringing the bases to get a good seal.
twinturbosupra94 said:
Well I just saying that the MKIII are very very cheap in comparision to getting legitimate NA-T injectors.
But if you are having to buy a resistor pack and wire it all in then I would think it would all be a wash.
I'm not telling you what you all should do, they're you cars. Personally I've run the high Impedance injectors for over 6 years without any issues. I've said this before, I'll say it again...
"You get what you pay for!"

·
Registered
220 Posts
What do you think about Venom Injectors? I can get a good deal on a complete set of injectors for the NA Supra in 2 different cc sizes(550 & 720)! They are a direct fit and are the high impediance so there is not cutting wires or changing plugs or needing a resistor pack.
:)
KB,
since we are on the fuel subject... what hp does 1 walbro fuel pump support?
do you have 1 or 2 fuel pumps cause i know you are 500+ on race fuel :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts