Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
what will the future hold
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would come to a national MKIII meet! I mean a meet for the MKIII crowd. Full blown! track dyno road course etc. Seems MKIII's need a meet. Question is who would attend and pay to be involved in activities. Just courious to see what the tone is out there.

W

·
0 Posts
i would.... but where?? its kinda hard to drive 15+ year old cars all over the country...

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,237 Posts
has to be central so everyone can attend.

So us cannuks and texans can attend

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts
Will... I hate to say it, but any "national" meet that could be put togther probably wouldn't draw a crowd that is an accurate representation of Mk3's across the country.

What wooosh said... It's hard for people to drive 15+ year old cars half way across the country for a weekend of fun and racing. It just ain't gonna happen.

For example... at the recent MK3 meet in Dallas, Texas that Trent organized... out of the 15 or so "active" MK3 owner in Houston (only about 4 hours away from Dallas) only 2 cars made it. Why you ask? either beacause their car wasn't running, or it wasn't running well enough for them to trust it when driving 4 hours away, then racing, dynoing, cruising all weekend and then driving 4 hours back. This is just an example, and no offense to my Houston buddies who couldn't make the meet.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,237 Posts
man the NJ drive was grooling this year... took us 22 hr's to get there as a group problem with a few members car's including mine.. ( damn electrical main fuse.)

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
i know 3 chicks in ATL that would hook me up with a place to stay...id be down for it.

·
what will the future hold
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well lets see centrally located would be texas i think. Thats just about in the middle of the country. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if tx2k4 will be in April/march who will come. If that doesnt work Of course i'm down for Atlanta but thats not fair to the west coast and canada guys. However Tx is located in the middle of the country so it would be a good location. TX2k4 will be in march or april so who could show for that and share in. I'll be there for sure but I really want to see guys from around the country who share the same passion for the MKIII. Plus if it somewhere else besides Atlanta I can't help with events and such. Ideas?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts