Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Sound Performance
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade my front speakers on my 89. The previous owner installed 6.5" mounts and some 6.5" speakers that aren't that good (old Pioneer Carrozzeria.) He also installed a head unit from a newer Toyota with MP3 and WMA support. I was looking to install some 6.5" Infinity Reference speakers(http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1086022I/Infinity-Reference-6022i.html?tp=105&avf=N). Would those be a good upgrade from my current speakers? I would just like a little more bass(clean bass), my current ones vibrate and don't sound clean.
Pics of my head unit and speaker setup:

All help is appreciated

· Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
13,222 Posts
I'd use the 92 6.5" housings.. I used them for my car.. I snaked them off a jza70 that was selling them on ebay I need to amplify mine though since the deck is useless for that, but then again, I'm not planning on running base form them.

· Sound Performance
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd use the 92 6.5" housings.. I used them for my car.. I snaked them off a jza70 that was selling them on ebay I need to amplify mine though since the deck is useless for that, but then again, I'm not planning on running base form them.
Do I have the 92 6.5" housings?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.