Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I hit the gas, the rpm's will not go over 2,000 unless i let off the gas and push it again over an over and even still it wont go past 3500. I check my IC pipes and they're no cracks. I'm thinking maybe when I got my new exhaust put on the messed up my wastegate or theres a boost leak in a hose somewhwere. Any advice?

·
anti-hardtopper#1
407 Posts
i kinda have the same problem, my car wont rev over 3500-4000 when in gear, i think my problem is exhaust being plugged.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have no cat i have a jdm tanabe dp, test pipe, and full apex i catback exhaust. I'm thinking maybe my tranny? It was shifting smooth, and it will still shift into second just wont move.

·
Registered
205 Posts
check your timing and cps

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
erniwho said:
check your timing and cps
nah it wouldnt have anything to do with this....was running fine before the exhaust and O2 sensor....and now not....

free bump for a damn answer!!! cause i havent found it yet (even though i havent much of a chance to look the whole thing over) and i dont know shit about auto trannys! :dunno:

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
just because ur a Bucc's Fan ill go ahead and tell u what it probably and almost 100% sure is! ;)

check all ur spark plug wires! make sure they are ALL PLUGGED IN!!!!!!!!!

i was running with #5 and #6 unplugged for a few weeks after my summer swap! i had the exact same issues ur mentioning! i didnt know what it was but sure enough after checking all the things like u did and replaced a few things i went ahead and checked the Spark wires and they checked out ok except for #5 and #6! they wouldnt stay down!!! sure enough! started up the car and pushed down on #5 and 6 and the car revved a GRIP better and once i got the wires to stay down i took it for a spin and the car was abel to rev at least 2krpm's better!

im having similar probs though at 4000-5000rpms at times still! but thats my fuel issue and possibly a boost leak i have not found yet! :(

try ur wires! i bet that coudl be it!

·
Question to suit.
3,562 Posts
Could be AFM... Make sure it's plugged in too. And never clean it with anything other than a dry clean rag.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
code 51 popped up, is this what would make it do this? throttle positioning sensor would make it tell my computer not to go over certain rpms and run rich?

·
Some Guy With A Supra
378 Posts
is your O2 sensor ok??? i just had this problem after my JDM swap, and it came out to be that 2 of the 3 wires to the O2 sensor were broken off. Just an idea.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
could be TPS or ECU if u flash code 51! :(

·
5,467 Posts
guys its not the AFM i ripped my AFM off my car and put it on his to check it and its still happening.... so AFM is out....

as for TPS i dont know why it would suddenly stop working right after a new exhaust and O2 sensor were put on....

ill check the spark plugs and the O2 sensor even though thats supposedly new.....

didnt even think of plugs or wires....kinda makes sense...however i dont know

the turbo is spooling however the boost is going nowhere.....we arent getting the transfer of power.... i need more time to look at it but keep the ideas coming guys... :dunno:

·
Registered
961 Posts
Are you resetting the ECU after each change you make? Im pretty sure it wont be an O2 sensor.. the supra tends to run fine without one, just richer.

·
5,467 Posts
ridah said:
sounds like my old problem. try your knock sensors
his car was throwing 52 beforehand....i performed a quick surgery....did the knock sensor rewire came to find out his back sensor in the block was a little fucked up....the sesor clip couldnt be connected all the way...finished up the rewire told him he might need to replace the back one...but i jammed the clip on there nice and good....started it up then it stopped throwing the 52 and started throwing the 51...... wierd shit...

the EFI fuse is being pulled for a minute or so each time and then back in and letting the car idle for abit to learn.....its cleared out the afm code and the knock sensor codes once i fixed them...now its throwing the 51 code... TPS-ECU...or whatnot.....havent had a chance to look at that one yet.....but the problem remains constant......ever since he put the exhaust on... (i wasnt there) and the O2 sensor......it wont turn boost into power...meaning the turbo is spooling but its not flowing the air.......and sometimes it wont rev past the 2-3k rpm range.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts