Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all !

Well i have just purchased my first MkIII supra...I was on a limited budget and went for a cheap import .. the car was advertised as a 3.0 i manual so i went to view the car and found out it was a 87/88 Gt twin turbo Jap import .. now the confusion starts .. the only info on these models i can find suggests that this model was made with a 2.0l and 2.5l engines and not a 2998cc engine as the logbook suggests.

There are two other things that i would like to sort out :-
The digi dash's Speedo is in Km/h but seems to be able to read in Mph (grayed out mph above km/h reading) but there is no button to swith between them unlike my old MkII supra..am i being think or is there some sort of mod to sort this ?

The Dash annoyingly bongs at anything over 105 km/h is there a fuse to disable this as its starting to drive me mad !!

Anyway thanks for any replys in advance and any info on this model !

Ed

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
If it's 87/88 then the car is a GA-70 with the 2.0L 1G-GTE engine. It's a twin turbo putting out about 200 and change hp.

The "bonging" is the JDM over speed alert... no one here in the US has had to deal with it so I'll have to let the Aussi guys give you an answer. I know that once upon a time I did read something about how to disable it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts