Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 129 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago i raced a friends 93 vr-4, i won once and he won once. This time he was a little more experienced at driving. First we went from a dead stop for a 1/4 mile. The kid in the middle flagged us down and we went. I had one of the best starts of my life and STILL couldnt stay with him off the line. When i hit 2nd he stopped pulling,3rd i was inching up but it was too late. He had me by about a car,mabye a little less.
A few hours later we jumped on the highway on 72 in CT. We started from a 40 mph roll on. This time was a little diffrent. We went on 3 beeps and we both gunned it.This time we were dead even and towards the end of 3rd i started to take off slowly. We stopped at 120 and i had him by...mabye a car at most. After these races a gained a little more respect for 3kgt's. They are def. quicker than i thought. But im still happy being 2 and 2 overall aginst the 3k. And even though you are banned...this one is for you 963kgt:p

Thanks Brett

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,478 Posts
Good kill.. Time for some bigger tires on the back for a better launch :)

The most I've been beat off the line so far by a awd car was half a car which I gained back by the end of first. :D

I even spank 5.0's pretty bad off the line... (yes I know I will not beat all 5.0's ect) but so far every one I've raced :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i def. do need sum bigger tires:D . The 3k has borla cat back....i think its borla. Hks blow-off valves, shortshifter,andboost controller. Im with apexi muffler,straight piped back,hks intake,hks blowoff valve,short shifter,hks turbo timer,clutch and more to come once i learn more about turbos.:rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BrettSupra87 said:
i def. do need sum bigger tires:D . The 3k has borla cat back....i think its borla. Hks blow-off valves, shortshifter,andboost controller. Im with apexi muffler,straight piped back,hks intake,hks blowoff valve,short shifter,hks turbo timer,clutch and more to come once i learn more about turbos.:rolleyes:
so basically, your stock boosted, intake/exhaust and clutch car beat a higher boosted, exhaust, and bov'ed vr-4 from a roll? :bsflag: i bet he had an intake/filter too. sorry dude, but yorue full of shit. you have intake and exhaust. bov does nothing. short shifter doesnt do jack, and neither does the turbo timer. i think you need to learn more about turbos before you even open your mouth. youre a dumb one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BrettSupra87 said:
so what you are saying is that your pos mk3 poopra, not even an mk4 supra, beat a vr-4 from a roll, and you kept up from a stop? bullshit. bullshit again. :bsflag: he has higher boost, exhaust and probably an intake that you forgot to mention. you have intake/exhaust and a clutch. big deal. its not enough for you to pull on a vr-4 with. youre full of shit. i suggest you learn more about turbos before you even bullshit like that again. at least make it believeable dude.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BrettSupra87 said:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BrettSupra87 said:
so what you are saying is that your pos mk3 poopra, not even an mk4 supra, beat a vr-4 from a roll, and you kept up from a stop? bullshit. bullshit again. :bsflag: he has higher boost, exhaust and probably an intake that you forgot to mention. you have intake/exhaust and a clutch. big deal. its not enough for you to pull on a vr-4 with. youre full of shit. i suggest you learn more about turbos before you even bullshit like that again. at least make it believeable dude.

·
Hardtopper
2,478 Posts
What would those mods put a MKIII at 1/4 miles wise? A VR-4 with intake, exhaust and a boost controller should run low 13's to high 12's at 103-106MPH.

Smells like a steaming pile of bullshit to me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
:bsflag:

I am rising the flag just because my brother/in-law has a 92 3kgt vr4 with borla exhaust,downpipe,Turbo Timer/Intake. and he runs a 13.0 @ Morsoo and he has raced mk3's and pulled them off the line and kept pulling them to 100+ so I think you either fibrated this story or raced a Sl :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
let me add that his controller is not hooked up. Its pointless to bullshit....so to the guy that was raggin on me and neone else that dosent like the post....please eat shit n go fuck off...thanks.:finger: :eatme:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey Brett Supra87 What are the odds that you could even beat a stock vr4? slim to know granted they run a 13.8 stock. And with a couple mods they are running flat 13's or high 12's.
Yeah what does a mk3 run stock? High 14's low 15's? Hmmm I wonder why people think you are bullshiting?

Dude and telling people to fuck off isn't cool, That shows insecurity and it pretty much proves you are bullshiting... now go ahead and tell me you are gonna kick my ass blah blah..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol...pms boy chill out....i hate how people come on n talk shit when they dont even know who they are talkin to....i posted what happened asshole. I am on the site cuz i love cars and i talk about what happens around here, and if you dont like it...just dont read the post or dont reply...its as simple as that....plus, the kid with the 3k is still a shitty driver and old 3k's are def. over rated. Everyone has a big upset in a race....it just happened to me this time i guess...no need to talk shit or fight. Thank you.

Brett

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
one more thing......if I am running a [email protected] i think i can beat a few 3kgt's around. Def. not the new ones or one with a good driver for that matter. That is why there is no need to jump to snotty conclusions.

·
9's Club
5,340 Posts
Elude said:
Everyone quotes the low quarter of the VR4 which is gonna sixty foot your ass. Traps are what matters once things get rolling. I'm sure a Mk3 Turbo with DP, exhaust and a few other goodies puts out. I think VR4's are like WRX's, overated and good on farmland.
Ignorance is Bliss...VR4s are rather underated cars....most VR4s with those mods will trap 104-108mph....thats fair enough to roll with a MK3 on a stock turbo period.

The down of VR4s (pre 94 especially) is weight...which is MK3s down side also. Add to that the fact the VR$ has traction and more HP and you answer your question.

WRX is over rated i agree....but not VR4 most people think they are slow POINT BLANK LOL!

Mario Deniz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
so why'd you say he had a BC if it wasnt even connected?

thats like saying oh yeah, i raced a TS04 supra and beat it.

[called BS by other members]

oh i forgot to mention the turbo wasnt installed. :rolleyes: .

well it wont make that big of a difference as a big fat ass turbo but you get the point.

VR-4's overrated...? ever seen the Ruiner vs. BPU/Single Supra vid's? all it takes is a good driver, and it'll more than 60ft your ass.
'

·
9's Club
5,340 Posts
BrettSupra87 said:
one more thing......if I am running a [email protected] i think i can beat a few 3kgt's around. Def. not the new ones or one with a good driver for that matter. That is why there is no need to jump to snotty conclusions.
witha 14.5 you will have a tough time beating SL's with same mods you have if they are stick. I rest my case....

Mario Deniz

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.