Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are currently working on an all steel MKIII widebody conversion to an 88T and to help my customer defray the costs involved ($10K+) I thought mass producing might be in order. We are working with a local CF molder who, once we finish, could mold off the finished panels and reproduce them in either CF or FG or FGRP. I don't have a clue as to cost of the finished product, but I would certainly like to know if this would be something that the MKIII community would be interested in, and how much you would be prepared to spend.
The car went in yesterday to begin the cut/paste process and I honestly don't know exactly what the finished product will even be. My sketches follow the stock contours and maintain a smooth flow of the stock IMSA inspired lines, and we are looking to achieve 2" widening either side at the rear and close to that up front.

Give me your feedback, and we'll see if this is a worthwhile endeavor - thanks.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
pictures!! :)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I love the sound of it! I'd be down for a nice, super clean widebody kit..... The downside, I'm poor as hell and would probably never be able to afford it.

But I can't wait to see some pics!!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
If it cost less than 1K alot of people might be interested. Keep the line clean and not cluttered.

·
Registered
80 Posts
danny_stepboys said:
i was looking at my supra the other day and said to myself.. this car would look a lot meaner if the body were a little wider
I'll be very interested later on down the line depending on how good they are, be sure to get pics as soon as they're finished or at least able to make them out so we can get an idea. this'll be sweet if it works out

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Intrested.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Personally, I wish I could have snagged one of these while I had the chance a 2 years ago:

I know of a person who knows where one is, un-installed, but I could never convince him to convince the guy to get give it to him, sigh.

G

·
as long as it doesnt fit like sh!t like some of the POS fiberglass kits they make,that would be awesme,looks real good,i just hope it fits good, SICK!!!!! IM DEFF INTERESTED

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think it would look bad ass, but not too exagerative. Like i think an extra 50mm from stock would be fine. But im interested, i thought about doing the car a bit wider

·
Registered
1 Posts
only if they were affordable, i saw a set for the rear that were ridiculous($3000.00 retail). land complimented the cars original lines. not looking to make car look like something someone cobbled together. intending on using my 87 as a d/d and demo vehicle for my business. send me any pic.s you take of it. email is flyrt_27 at yahoo dot com

G

·
heh phil honestly that would be a good idea. Im sure you can test it on my bros car which is at your shop right now too ;)

·
phreshness
253 Posts
i really like the lines of the s2 widebody
front is 3.5cm wider

back is 4-5cm wider

it just needs to be about a inch wider front and back, imo

but something like that for less money would make me very interested

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Do do do do do do, do do... Do do do do do do, do do