Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does the wiring harness disconnect from the body of the car. I have an 88 supra turbo. Any help would be great.

Thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm swapping engines and I figured it would be easier if the harness could be disconnected from the car. So I could hook up all the stuff before it went in the car.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
youd have to unhook it from the ECU (and a bunch of other crap) and feed it through various spots in the firewall.

Not worth it. Just hook it up afterwards

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Contrary to what was jsut said, it's very easy to take it out. Just remove it from the ECU, which is 3 good size harnesses, and then it hooks up to a few places by the battery and back at the brake booster. It's really very easy. Just follow it along the back of the motor and then down by the intake manifold.

·
Registered
361 Posts
kinda on topic

how does one remove the fuse box and associated wiring?

i have the box unbolted and the removable wires, removed

as im taking my 1JZ loom out for the 2JZ loom to go in.

there are wires that go all over the place. like to the front of the engine bay and then go to the other side of the engine bay :confused:

or this a 'cut and paste' job?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the advice. I'll try and get it unhooked tonight.

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
Besides the ECU harnesses, there is also one other harness right next to the ecu. Thought you may want to know before you start pulling and wonder why it wont come out from the firewall (or wonder why it came out with a bunch of stripped wires :D )

Christian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts