Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my ac condenser broke and want to know if the 2j soarer condenser will fit the same?

·
Super Moderator
10,037 Posts
It does not, the radiator and condenser are different sizes. The Supra parts can be fitted into the Soarer because they're slightly smaller, and I've used Supra radiators in Soarers repeatedly, but because of the mounting location of the AC condenser I doubt the larger Soarer condenser could go into a Supra.
Which sucks because the Supra condenser is pretty pricey.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does not, the radiator and condenser are different sizes. The Supra parts can be fitted into the Soarer because they're slightly smaller, and I've used Supra radiators in Soarers repeatedly, but because of the mounting location of the AC condenser I doubt the larger Soarer condenser could go into a Supra.
Which sucks because the Supra condenser is pretty pricey.
thanks for the help man! would you know if any other car’s condenser would be universal with my supra? I’ve done some looking around and I’ve seen that the 2000’s model Celica has basically the same dimensions and inputs as the supra one, also a Corolla one But it’s a little shorter but same height,theyre both aftermarket brands but in the end it saves me money and time than having to source one overseas.

·
Super Moderator
10,037 Posts
thanks for the help man! would you know if any other car’s condenser would be universal with my supra? I’ve done some looking around and I’ve seen that the 2000’s model Celica has basically the same dimensions and inputs as the supra one, also a Corolla one But it’s a little shorter but same height,theyre both aftermarket brands but in the end it saves me money and time than having to source one overseas.
Having been down this path many times building engine swap cars of all makes and models - The best bet is to just wince, swipe your card, and buy the Supra condenser that you know will work 100% with everything else you've got. This also adds value to your car, and your own peace of mind having the new correct component replaced properly.

Re-purposing one from a different car is a great way to spend the same or almost the same amount of money with a bunch of extra steps. There's enough fuss working on cars without dealing with custom A/C lines, leaking custom A/C fittings, making brackets for the dryer, shit rattling loose and needing a recharge in short order, etc.

Having to order the right one from overseas sucks, definitely, and maybe it'll be faster and enough cheaper in your case to be worth screwing around with it - but personally I'd still stick with ordering the right damn part the first time. This is a Supra after all, and the right parts and maintenance absolutely translate into value added to the car these days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts