Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mkiv TT VS 04 GTO

Today after installing a new radiator and the max air box i went for a test drive. when a 04 black gto kept following me as i change lanes. so i slowed down as he got up next to me. he nailed it so i did i. i started to pass him right away by a car and half i shut down since i knew he didnt have a chance. he went up next to me after wanting to go. so i nailed it then BOOM my intercooler holes popped off and he beat me by 1000000000 bus length

94 BPU+ Auto

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Hmm, nice kill! But i wanna know how a BPU Supra stacks against the 400hp LS2...

G

·
707supra said:
Hmm, nice kill! But i wanna know how a BPU Supra stacks against the 400hp LS2...
i can help out with that. i have an 05 A4 GTO and live in the san diego area. would be fun.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
You should beat a LS2 GTO no problem. My best friend has one and my bpu would pull him everytime. Now I have gone single and he put an APS twin turbo kit on his GTO. With 7-8 lbs of boost, he's at 525hp to the wheel. When he get's his fuel system done next week, he'll be able to turn it up and see what that GTO really can do!

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,919 Posts
I raced a red 05 GTO w/ the LS2 (6.0 badges out back too) with my single Supra. I was on pump gas, 18psi and we raced from 60-135. I pulled about 7-8 car lengths on him (he was completely stock BTW). He did get the edge first and boy are those torquey cars!!! When boost hit though, it was all over.

·
776 Posts
magicsupra721 said:
Today after installing a new radiator and the max air box i went for a test drive. when a 04 black gto kept following me as i change lanes. so i slowed down as he got up next to me. he nailed it so i did i. i started to pass him right away by a car and half i shut down since i knew he didnt have a chance. he went up next to me after wanting to go. so i nailed it then BOOM my intercooler holes popped off and he beat me by 1000000000 bus length

94 BPU+ Auto
I hate when that happens. I've had my hose pop off several times. It's embarassing limping back home.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i was limping home and it sucked ass

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
David S said:
I hate when that happens. I've had my hose pop off several times. It's embarassing limping back home.
Anyone having issues with blowing IC hoses, buy some of this
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=51423378
and CLEAN the inside of the hose and the outside of the pipe very throughly, then clamp the hoses on with a decent quality clamp. You shouldn't have any more problems, even if pipes don't have beads.

You can also buy the product at Amazon.com and many other places -- do a google search for 3M Adhesive Remover Citrus Base

·
776 Posts
Boost Junkie said:
Anyone having issues with blowing IC hoses, buy some of this
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=51423378
and CLEAN the inside of the hose and the outside of the pipe very throughly, then clamp the hoses on with a decent quality clamp. You shouldn't have any more problems, even if pipes don't have beads.

You can also buy the product at Amazon.com and many other places -- do a google search for 3M Adhesive Remover Citrus Base
The reason my IC pipe was popping off was my pipes were a little short. I had to get an extra piece welded on the short end. I have beads and use only t-bolts.

Thanks for the tip though.

·
Registered
529 Posts
An LS1 GTO recently went 13.1 @ 106mph stock... (record so far) but most are mid to high 13s....

LS2 GTO record is like 12.7 @ 109mph I believe....

You shouldnt have a problem at BPU+ level...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts