Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1995 supra n/a has 155k. 4 speed automatic. it seems like when my transmission gets warm it will fall out of gear and not shift, not want to go to 2nd 3rd or 4th. Only 1st gear will work. If I let the car sit for about 10 minutes to let it cool down it will shift just fine. It only does this after driving it aggressively for a while. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. P.S. This is my first post to the forum, been a member for 4 years now I believe. Thanks,

·
Registered
356 Posts
Sounds like it might be low on fluid. The fluid gets pumped out of the pan and then none of the gears will work. Then when it sits it drains back into the pan and works fine. So first thing first is check the fluid. Car on a flat surface engine in gear to check the fluid. If it's low top it off if it's black and awful you can pump it all out by removing a trans line and spraying it into a bucket. Measure how much came out and add that to the trans I usually go like 1 or 2 quarts at a time. Repeat until the fluid comes out pink.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fluid was at a good level when I checked it earlier. I will check the color ITM. Didn't really pay attention to color.

·
a supra..fast..hahaha
266 Posts
I had a similar problem with my first built trans when i had my supra. It would drive fine for a bit then did a hard pull.. then all of a sudden the trans was slipping so bad it would just rev and go nowhere. Let it cool for about 15 minutes and started it back up and it drove fine till it got hot again. Clutch packs were bad. Replaced them and it drove like a dream for the next 8 years then the motor let go.

·
Registered
438 Posts
155K miles ... time for a rebuild.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts