Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hopped in the Supra to drive home tonight and when it hits 3K RPMs it cuts out, engine dosent lose power, and once the RPMs drop down it is fine.

The check engine light came on, but it has been doing that for awhile, once it runs for a bit it turns off as always, I figured it was an 02 sensor going bad. Anyway, I will get the code pulled to see what it was, but it is still cutting out now that the light is off, so it must be something new.

Any thoughts of what would cause this? Fuel light just came on, and I thought I heard a lil leak from somewhere around the charcoal canister, but I cant find it now. I was thinking maybe a vaccum hose leak.....? It doesnt sputter like a fuel injector would do, just dies and then comes back. I had to jump it yesterday, as I forgot to unhook the battery when i went out of town...

Any ideas?

BP

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thats my plan, I am going to wait for traffic to die down as it isnt a real straight shot to the closest Shucks. I am afraid of it crapping out on me mid route, with no one to call. Stupid POS, lol.

BP

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok got the code pulled....but first let me say that before I did that I filled the tank, and now it seems to be fine.

When everything first occured the low fuel light had just come on....

Code was indeed for the O2 Sensor.

WTF? Something wrong with fuel pump?

BP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.