Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! So you know, I'm am new to the Supraforums site. Anyway...theres a slim chance I'll be getting a MKIV soon, my choice of a 94auto or a 96/97 (I forget)manual....but the one thing that REALLY REALLY bothers me is the possible cost in insurance. Is the insurance going to kill me before the car will? I'm a guy aged 22. My driving record is clean, no accidents, speeding tickets, etc... How much do any other similarly aged guys out there have to pay for their rides? Is there a big difference in the insurance of a manual as compared with an automatic? Thanks for any input!:D :D :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, I ahve not called around to insurance places yet....I hate the hassel and the endless questions and information and stuff they ask for a simple quote............:D :D

M

·
0 Posts
go to insweb.com or insweb.net, i forgot which one. they give free quotes, it only takes about 15 min.

·
Very Senior Member
9,963 Posts
Mihmcclure1 said:
Oh yeah, I ahve not called around to insurance places yet....I hate the hassel and the endless questions and information and stuff they ask for a simple quote............:D :D
Sorry to tell you but that's the ONLY way you will get real numbers.
And yes, the insurance will be very high.

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
If you just want meaningless numbers then I'm sure we can post a few, but if you want a real idea of what it would cost call for a quote or use the above links. There are too many factors that effect your pricing....

·
I need a 6 speed
324 Posts
I am in about the same shoes as you, to make it feasible the Supra has to be a 2nd car, for me I was quoted $550 for a 6 month full coverage policy on a Supra as a second car, plus the insurance on my primary car goes down from multi car discount, even if you want the Supra to be your only car, just buy a $300 beater, register it and insure for a couple months then add the Supra as a 2nd car, shouldn't be all that bad.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My insurance on my 93.5TT is 362.00 every 6months and it is rated as a secondary vehicle.(I'm 25 also) I didnt think that was bad at all

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I got a 94TT 55k mi. and 24 yr old. Insurance is ~$1000 from AAA for one year + a primary car.

They claimed that Toyota and Honda are the most popular stolen cars. Plus, ALL the insurance cost goes up after 911. [email protected]#$% They did increase the insurance cost over all.

If there were no such 911 event, we wouldn't suffer that much....AT LEAST.... :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts