Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 337 Posts

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i m just wondering what u guys do for living ?
the Supras is a money pit (high maintance car with lots of expensive available aftermarket parts)...i wanna know who can only afford supra'

im a window tinter and im broke~

·
No, ...It was NEVER NA!!!
1,417 Posts
A nice Supra costs less than a new Accord, and I see 19 year old waitresses driving them. Id say, get a new job, ...or another job.

There are threads already here, that are about this. Use the search feature at the top of the page, for hours of reading on the subject. ....And, welcome :)

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
Certified Public Accountant.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
real estate broker, and consider yourself lucky to be in the us, supras in france and quite expensive since they only imported just 49 throughout 2 years and gas is just about $6.50 a gallon.

france ftl. and french peeps as well.lol

·
Blood for Blood
8,323 Posts
Dude a supra can cost less than a new sti or evo, in some cases less than a used sti or evo as well. You just have to look. And I dont think window tinting will pay well in the future... I think you had another post I said something in yesterday... your the 17yr old that wants a MKIII or MKIV correct? I asked in that thread and I can stress it here go to college.

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
Marine...

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
that must be some good money Attie4....

·
Boost Creep
3,489 Posts
Dude a supra can cost less than a new sti or evo, in some cases less than a used sti or evo as well. You just have to look. And I dont think window tinting will pay well in the future... I think you had another post I said something in yesterday... your the 17yr old that wants a MKIII or MKIV correct? I asked in that thread and I can stress it here go to college.
Problem is getting financing for such an old car. I think thats what stops a lot of people. You really need the funds.

I'm a Sales Engineer.

·
No, ...It was NEVER NA!!!
1,417 Posts
Im your neighborhood drug dealer.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Problem is getting financing for such an old car. I think thats what stops a lot of people. You really need the funds.

I'm a Sales Engineer.
exactly, you can lease/finance an accord/sti/evo/whatever for only a few hundred a month but good luck financing a supra other than using a line of credit or something similar. I'm a software developer.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you have a healthy 401k amount (LOL) you can easily borrow money from yourself. Other then that unless you get lucky on a theft recovery buy you will have to save save save. Having to get private loans to buy both of my Supras, besides some stupid high interest rates. Best the bank would give me, even if the car blue books over any car the same year, was around 6 thousand. Loans for cars older then 7 years won't happen as car loans. With the bank loans being private loans best term you can borrow from them is 18 months.

1 - 20 of 337 Posts