Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to buy a TT supra within a year or so, but I wont have more than 20k to spend on it, which will get me a car with most likely near or over 100k miles. How long will it probably last if i take very good care of it? Will it make any difference if i buy a 6 speed or auto? What mileage will I need to replace the tranny/engine/turbos?

Sorry for all the questions, but Im very curious because I love the look of supras and the quality of toyota cars, and I really want to buy a supra instead of something cheaper like an RX-7.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im just looking for a rough estimate... I drive pretty conservatively, though I do punch it on highways and such...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah u will be shooting in the dark on that.. best thing is to see if you can get the car checked out by a good mechanic, drive it hard when testing and if you have any doubts\questions post them here and get feedback. I personally would buy it if its in good condition.. a small block engine is about 2k... most important to look out for is tranny problems ( approx. 6k ) and if you have some tranny probs.. you'll know it when u test drive it. Happy hunting!

DI

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
I have bought one month ago 100.000 miles Supra in mind condition. I had to change differential - I've paid 500$ for used one. Engine is in good condition turbos also. I've mad T hose mode and my S is like rocket now:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts