Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to upgrade to an MKIV next year, and want to get some opinions of the N/A over the TT.

I AutoX about 8 times a summer, and 2 of them are on road courses. I would obviously love a TT, but I'm also looking at N/A models. I currently have an 89T stage 3, about 285hp. Would an N/A MKIV be a let down in the power area for me? :) With intake, exhaust, wider wheels and tires, springs and shocks, would I have a good AutoXer? I have read that the N/A motor is very smooth in power delivery VS the TT being more kick-in-the pants. Of course we are talking about less power, but is it slower than an MKIII Turbo? Both stick shifts...

Give me some driving impressions if you can, or just opinions.

Thanks,
Abraham in Michigan

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
supraturbo said:
I am hoping to upgrade to an MKIV next year, and want to get some opinions of the N/A over the TT.

I AutoX about 8 times a summer, and 2 of them are on road courses. I would obviously love a TT, but I'm also looking at N/A models. I currently have an 89T stage 3, about 285hp. Would an N/A MKIV be a let down in the power area for me? :) With intake, exhaust, wider wheels and tires, springs and shocks, would I have a good AutoXer? I have read that the N/A motor is very smooth in power delivery VS the TT being more kick-in-the pants. Of course we are talking about less power, but is it slower than an MKIII Turbo? Both stick shifts...

Give me some driving impressions if you can, or just opinions.

Thanks,
Abraham in Michigan
I can't compare a MKIV NA to a MKIII turbo, but a MKIV NA is a lot slower than an MKIV turbo. If you do the TTC to the MKIV turbo, it's power delivery is a lot smoother than sequential. Plus, you have a lot more options for upgrades and modifications. The turbo has much better brakes, etc.

If you buy a NA, don't ever go for a ride in a turbo, you'll hate yourself or start dreaming of $10k conversions.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I remember hearing that stock the NA MKIV was actually quicker than the turbo MKIII. Take that for what you will

·
Registered
506 Posts
I remember seeing that stock for stock the MKIII turbo and MKIV NA are ver close. I have no muffler and an intake and i am estimating around 240 hp. It kicks ass in the auto-x. It does well stock, but now it pulls hard in the little straights. The NA does extremely well on the road course. I've done 3 w/ my car when it was stock and i pass porches, vettes, etc. The Only thing that gave me trouble was a 2000 Mustang Cobra b/c he could demolish me on the straights. However, I'd be right on his ass again in the turns. For auto-xing i would perfer the NA b/c of it's instant low-end tourque, and for Road Coarse I would perfer the TT because of the power advantage. Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts