Supra Forums banner

Storage in what season?

• Winter it's stored and it comes out in the SUMMER

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Stored in the Summer and comes out in Winter

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Stored all year and comes out every once in a while

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • I use my Supra everyday, what you talking about?

Votes: 15 29.4%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just curious.... do you guys store your Supra's in what type of seasons? Or do you not store your Supra at all?

Vote in the poll section, I am just curious.

Here in Texas I know a lot of Supra owners like to chill during summer b/c it's so HOT and in the Mild Winter's we take 'em out b/c the cars run AMAZING.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Stored all year round. 3k miles in 5 years (Just turned 46k miles) but it looks the way it does because its stored so no complaints here!

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
It's not my daily driver, but I drive it every chance I get so if it's decent weather (no rain or snow or salt on roads) I'm at least taking it for a joy ride. I've put way over 100k miles on mine in the approx 12 years I've owned it and my only regret is that I can't drive it even more frequently.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
It's not my daily driver, but I drive it every chance I get so if it's decent weather (no rain or snow or salt on roads) I'm at least taking it for a joy ride. I've put way over 100k miles on mine in the approx 12 years I've owned it and my only regret is that I can't drive it even more frequently.
Same here mostly, I take it out on the weekends if its nice and in the winter if it doesnt snow or have salt/sand on the roads.

·
Raising the BAR
3,324 Posts
I'm about to start storing mine in the summer for Christ sake. Black paint, black interior, AC sucks and Texas sun all add up to suck ville everytime I drive her during the day. The only shitty thing is that summer last for about 10 months out of the year here. Lol

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
roads are salted here, and i dont drive it in rain

i only drive it approx march til october.

it costs me hilarious amounts of money for fuel so i dont drive it daily anymore. but i drive it as much as i can like anyone else

·
From the land down under
3,808 Posts
Average temps where I live in NZ are suitable to driving all year round, as it doesnt snow or get ice. I only drive mine a few times a year, and normally thats to a track lol

Your poll doesnt have an option for those of us unlucky enough to not have a storage for our cars. You need to add one that says "I leave it up a driveway beside a house getting weathered by Mother Nature, and having to wash it again and again and again" :(

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hahaha ^^^^^^

·
Yup.
684 Posts
I pay for heated storage in the winter. Last year it went in early December and came out in early April due to the mild winter we had. We also get salt on the roads up here and I don't drive in the rain either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My garage attached to my house all year round, heated with separate heater than house, disconnect battery in winter, reconnect when started every so often, change oil and check fluids once spring hits.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wow, some of you actually store it for SUMMER? o_O Drive your cars, people. The heat isn't going to kill it, just make it run with slightly less power. Sheesh.

Anyways, when I had my MKIII, I would drive it year round in Texas. Of course, the STI was year round as well, in Texas and Colorado. ;)

My MKIV (should have in the next week or two!) will be driven year round in Texas as well. Garaged when at home and not driving it of course, though.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Snows a lot during winter in alberta, so it's stored from late October to early April. But sometimes you never know, we had a couple of spring days during Ferbuary when the weather's was great. So I always keep it on stand by

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just got mine a few days ago so im going to see how it plays out. Im from Chicago area. Last year we had a mild winter so im hoping it will be this year. I have a daily so I plan to store it in a friend/family members garage.
The previous owners took extreme care of this car so I plan to follow suite.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts