Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that the mkiv injectors dont work for the 7m.. but how about the rail and injectors? i need some big injectors but we dont really have a good selection.. i know mello had some custom 1000 cc's put in.. any details? or anlone else know of a way to make big injectors(750+) work on our cars...??

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
yeah but on a fuel rail close doesn't cut it ;) Prob quicker to have one fabbed than try to mod the 2J one (IF it doesn't fit... I know the 2J one doesn't fit a 1J)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wtf???
big injectors are WAY easier/cheaper with a top fed rail. i dont understand your point

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
I think the idea was that MKIV 550's (stock on the turbo) and fuel rail are cheap to get ($150... 180 a set?) IF they bolted in it would have been a nice cheap way to get 550's on the 7M.

I'd be pretty shocked if it fit though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
autoXr said:
hehe. I just bought his 550s. He is looking for an easy way to go bigger. :D
lol... ive found 720's and such.. kinda pricey... im one to buy used parts.. and ive seen huge injectors for sale in the mkiv section... and i would like some like that... so my point and question is... we dont have squat for selection.. and they are kinda rare.. so what can we do for us who want to go BIG to make some big injectors work?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea man, almost ALL of the injectors you will see for sale from the MKIV guys are actually top feed, unless they note otherwise. and bigger than 550 side fed is sort of rare in itself anyway.

it wont cost that much to get delphi/bosch injectors to fit our rails, btw.

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
Agreed on both posts.... if they are top feed you should have no probs... and 550+ side feeds are hard to find... trust me... I know ;)

·
GOT BOOST?
551 Posts
Woooossshhh said:
so those will work for a 7m?!?!?!? im going aem standalone so i can control the duty cycle
Hey man let me know if you need help tuning it... I have little experience with it and Im preaty close to you ...

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Look into GM style injectors. I have accel 72lb/hr and the only mod was to have the rail machined out to fit them (like drJ mentioned).

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
So, Kevin, how much did those cost? have a part #?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts