Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,
i am new to this Forum, but old to Supra, my first one was on 99 sold on 2005 after long Journey of mods close to 1000hp.
after all these years, i found myself having sometime now and really need another one to keep it in my garage
i bought one yesterday, planning to Renew/Replace or restore FULL interior (I prefer original Trims but will use aftermarket if couldn't find)
I am planning to Paint it Atomic silver like the RC lexus,
since ive been far from this community for about 15 years, i am a bit outdated hence
advices and suggestion highly appreciated
things to do with old interior parts or How to restore, places to order, additional ideas to have

please share

·
From the land down under
3,557 Posts
Hi there, and welcome back.

Sadly, a huge amount of interior parts, and parts in general, have been discontinued for this car since you last owned one. There is a thread listing all of the parts you can no longer buy brand new, so I would suggest reading that, working out what you cant buy, and create a WTB ad in the for sale sub forum, for all of the parts that you need.

What can you tell us about your new car? Year? Colour? Spec?

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ree !
yes, i am now reading that discontinued parts thread, its useful, I'll come up with a final list by next week.
about my Supra, its kinda Gray, dont know what is the real color name, it has the 2JZ-GTE engine stock and clean with Greedy Inter cooler, it has the 5 speed Transmission, i am now thinking of buying GR700 as i dont plan to go more than 700hp this time.
my project this time will intensively focus on Restoring & renewing the car inside-out and then throw something like Single Turbo, ECU + fuel pump and injectors
i want it to be pure clean cruising car with decent amount of power

·
From the land down under
3,557 Posts
Given that your car has a 5 speed transmission, I wonder if the car was originally an NA motor, that has had a TT conversion, or it it was originally a TT car, but had the auto gearbox swapped for a 5 speed?

Do you know if it is a W58, or R154?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Given that your car has a 5 speed transmission, I wonder if the car was originally an NA motor, that has had a TT conversion, or it it was originally a TT car, but had the auto gearbox swapped for a 5 speed?

Do you know if it is a W58, or R154?
Yes, you are right
It's an NA swapped to 2jzgte
I searched a lot, and found many
But I liked the body of this car, also
I preferred its price, it will allow me to use the same budget on getting the car fully renewed.
I need your suggestions for the transmission
Should I go for GR700 or original 6Speed MT
I am also thinking to remove the full interior parts, paint and restore the carpet, then install new interior,
Is there any guide I can follow on how to re-install the interior items

·
From the land down under
3,557 Posts
The Getrag is discontinued now, and there are various parts that are no longer available for it, so it can be a risk if it was to fail. Not to mention theyre over $10k a lot of the time.

Somebody more informed thab I can give you advice on the GR700, or any of the other better options you have.

In regard to the interior part removal/refitting, if you are handy with some tools, then it wont be an issue. Everything is just held in with various screws, bolts, and clips, so as long as you take your time, dont pull on things too hard, and make sure to keep all the fasteners safe, labelled and bagged up, Im sure you will be fine :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Getrag is discontinued now, and there are various parts that are no longer available for it, so it can be a risk if it was to fail. Not to mention theyre over $10k a lot of the time.

Somebody more informed thab I can give you advice on the GR700, or any of the other better options you have.

In regard to the interior part removal/refitting, if you are handy with some tools, then it wont be an issue. Everything is just held in with various screws, bolts, and clips, so as long as you take your time, dont pull on things too hard, and make sure to keep all the fasteners safe, labelled and bagged up, Im sure you will be fine :)
thanks Man
i am not handy at all haha, but i have some talent electric labors in my company, i am thinking to involve some of them in my interiors reinstall task, i am sure they should know what to do

i will greatly appreciate if someone can share a list of the full screws and clips needed for the full interior, this will be great

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
3 Participants
imOJ1982
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing