Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
S U P R A M A N
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of getting one imported from japan cuz its just a lot cheaper. how much would it cost to do the conversion? ive tried the search button but cant find any topics with success stories... hahaha

·
Canadian monster
596 Posts
OMG, that would cost a hell of a lot...

If able to find everything used, i would bet no less than 8-10 000

·
Registered
477 Posts
bboy said:
thinking of getting one imported from japan cuz its just a lot cheaper. how much would it cost to do the conversion? ive tried the search button but cant find any topics with success stories... hahaha
Uh, you can't register one here until 2009 - 15 year law. Plus, you can't bring it now and register it then. Has to be 15 years from import date.

When you do, drop me a line. I have everything needed.

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
the newest you can get now is 1990. I don't understand the point of the rule?

·
S U P R A M A N
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well 8-10 gs for the swap? thats just retarded.

yeah earliest u can get is 1990... hmm 3.5 mor years... way too long. ok looks like im gonne scrap that jdm idea.

but thx suprafanatic for the offer! ill def look into it

·
Canadian monster
596 Posts
bboy said:
well 8-10 gs for the swap? thats just retarded.

yeah earliest u can get is 1990... hmm 3.5 mor years... way too long. ok looks like im gonne scrap that jdm idea.

but thx suprafanatic for the offer! ill def look into it
think about everything hat is needed, new steering kit, new brake booster, pedals, new dash, eveything under the dash..., new panels for the dash, new engine harness i guess, ecu must not be at the same place, new brake lines, new seats, etc etc etc.

do the math, it goes pretty quick

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
you can get it here, but it will have to have OBD-II if its 96+ and drivers and passengers airbag too. Im sure hte mkiv already has both of those, it wouldnt even be worth it, with all the new stuff, and everything you would need for it to be done, you would have to get it legalized by motorex in the united states, then once its legal there import it into canada. it would just be a PITA. so just wait 4 years or just get a USDM mkiv

1 - 8 of 8 Posts