Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally finished our 6 speed manual variable AWD conversion we have been working on for awhile. All we are waiting for is our custom axles but other then that it is 100% official. Our shop car has a fully built 2GZ,twin turbo,widebody,etc......Our other widebody Supra with the 2JZ AWD conversion will be ready shortly. Its basically the same setup for both car except the engine mounts are different. But enough with that here are some pics. Let us know what you think?

Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's awesome! How long did the whole conversion process take?
And how deep did it reach into your pocket? :p
conversion based on buget was (2 years) As far as depth into the pockets..,.,I will calculate total cost and reply back to you later this week! This particular build is rated for extreme power and thus needed upgraded clutches,diff,clutch packs and extreme axles, Initial R&D was costly but we hope to bring this to market this year and get cost down to a respectable number!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I can definitely imagine a mock up of an AWD 2JZ drivetrain swap from the attached pictures.

There’s totally a chassis to a car here, gonna go vroom vroom faaast

congratulations 🎊🎈🎉🍾

·
Super Moderator
11,559 Posts
Please, please post more pictures of both cars! 🍺

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can definitely imagine a mock up of an AWD 2JZ drivetrain swap from the attached pictures.

There’s totally a chassis to a car here, gonna go vroom vroom faaast

congratulations 🎊🎈🎉🍾
Indeed there is and rest assured that everything from factory pivot points were taken into consideration.Needless to say there will be no compromised ride height or excessive weight gain. Another fun fact is this was all 3d scanned and developed properly.Furthermore,those concerned about weight gain.. The factory 6 speed toyota mkiv trans weight is 157lbs and the v161 used in conversion is 198 lbs.stock supra bare subfame 65lbs and Our v1.0custom built is 75lbs v2.0 is 55lbs ...lower cntrl arms 19x2 38lbs....as of this moment the front axles need to be weighted.I will accomplish that today and post the numbers front diff weight as well

·
Super Moderator
11,559 Posts
what angles would you like?
Take pictures of everything until your hands get tired :)

So, I'm guessing you used an R34 Skyline GT-R rear housing and transfer case with the Supra front half? I always wondered if someone would do that eventually, super freakin pumped to see it happen!

I'm seriously looking forward to the end results, it'll be a stoplight monster for sure!

·
From the land down under
4,736 Posts
Amazing to see somebody still thinking so far outside the square on our beloved platform.

I tip my hat to you, and look forward to seeing it up and running, and as Wreckless already said, with plenty of pics!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Amazing to see somebody still thinking so far outside the square on our beloved platform.

I tip my hat to you, and look forward to seeing it up and running, and as Wreckless already said, with plenty of pics!!!!
we will do videos and and pics..the videos we will post to youtube and put link here! I figure video in 4k will be better that way there is no mistaking or hiding anytrhing.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Holy fucking shit, batman!!!

This is so bananas, I love itttt!!!

Cheers!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,478 Posts
Congrats, Tim. Would welcome seeing the car move, dyno, and some running shots. Do you have the OEM dash plastics and cluster functionality?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats, Tim. Would welcome seeing the car move, dyno, and some running shots. Do you have the OEM dash plastics and cluster functionality?
as far as functionality...mike(owner) got the factory dash working with rpm and speedo,coolant temp etc.. However, he decided to install the lc7 haltech dash for a facelift ...looks killer. Mike also is running the car on this new ecu by haltech called (Nexus R5) it allows ddb wire setup and full control of awd pressure line. I thought ahead for speed sensors for each wheel hub so we will have full traction control for entire car... Trust me this was a group effort and I am very pleased thus far with build.Futhermore, the amazing part is we will be making the same kit available for 2015 plus mustang gt...Yes you have not read a typo!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Basic setup:
V161 trans awd
Front sump conversion from jdm mkiv
New subframe with factory pivot points
(will track and drive like oem
lower control arms
Steering rack
Transmission mount
Center diff control manual and auto correction
using full race pcm controller
Jic magic flt a2 coilovers
Will work with (Haltech Nexus r5, Aem infinity,Pro efi thus allowing for
Front and rear traction control
(full 100 percent rear and up to 50% front bias
Twin disc using 850 series cm clutch (push pull conversion
(optional sequential setup avail for extra 15k
Dss front axles
New front spindles and hubs
Murcilago 8 piston brembo upgrade (optional) carbon ceramics 2k for rotors (no warranty on carbon ceramics
Pump controller( hydraulic based with 2 quart res in trunk
All new hard line brake conversion
Haltech lc7 screen current but will work with Aem or Motec dash as well

( weight gain?

Factory v160 is 159 lbs vs v161 198 lbs
Factory Subframe 65 lbs vs new Subframe 70 lbs
Front diff 45 lbs and front prop shaft 8 lbs
Tran pump 12 lbs
Total weight gain(109 lbs)
Upgraded clutch packs avail (optional
Dss rear driveshaft (optional

This conversion is rated at 1200whp
Currently this car stands at 3256 wet

Version 2 subfame 45 lbs
while waiting on front axles I figured I would give you guys some information ...more pics coming this week

--
Tim
speedforceracing.net
619-328-4012

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Take pictures of everything until your hands get tired :)

So, I'm guessing you used an R34 Skyline GT-R rear housing and transfer case with the Supra front half? I always wondered if someone would do that eventually, super freakin pumped to see it happen!

I'm seriously looking forward to the end results, it'll be a stoplight monster for sure!
gonna take pics and post in am for ya ....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts