Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MkIV's make the front page of Grassroots Motorsports magazine ...hope it's not a repost or the repo po man will come get me

·
Administrator
17,271 Posts
I thought cars could only make that magazine if they cost less than the current year! ;)

In all seriousness, I'm refering to their annual "$200x challenge". That is a cool magazine, and I assume the article was pretty good for those of you who read it? I'll be sure to pick this one up, and thanks for the heads up. :)

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,780 Posts
Shit man. And I got my free issue last month with the Viper on the cover. When does this mail out? Will there be a reprint in Classic Motorsports?

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sure you're right, mifesto. I didn't mean it would be useful to anyone who already knows much about a Supra, I didn't even read it yet and I expect there to be some "dumb" stuff in there. But I thought it's interesting enough to mention it anyway.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That is my favorite mag. I wonder where mine is. It speaks to what I am mostly interested or involved in. It is truly for the "grassroots" guy.

Barry H.

·
Very Senior Member
10,069 Posts
Nick 95 6sp said:
...... But I thought it's interesting enough to mention it anyway.
That is interesting - most mags only cover recent stuff and only a few mention 9-13 year-old cars!
Now I wonder where my copy is??

·
Registered
857 Posts
only mag I have a subsciption to....

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In case you plan to track your Supra anyway, joining NASA includes a subscription to this mag ...like some of you already said, it's also my favorite mag so much so that instead of "subscription" they should call it a "prescription" ...helps cure what ails me

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Nick 95 6sp said:
In case you plan to track your Supra anyway, joining NASA includes a subscription to this mag ...like some of you already said, it's also my favorite mag so much so that instead of "subscription" they should call it a "prescription" ...helps cure what ails me
- AGREE! - Best Mag Ever!

·
Supralicious
872 Posts
Damn it hasn't made it to the local Barnes & Noble Bookstore down here. How long is the article?

·
Heavy Metal Momentum
1,121 Posts
Man Nick, you beat me to this one I didn't get mine until Sat. Pretty cool to see that on the cover of a mag that usually features Hondas, Miatas or 200x challengers. Now if only I could find a good moderately priced mk4 to use for some auto-x/track days.....I think it'd be much more competitive than my mk3 but either is a lot of fun.

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't have the issue with me now, but I remember one "big" mistake jumping out at me ...but now I just can't remember what it was about. Maybe '96 only avail w/6sp? Not sure. I'll look it up unless somebody comes up with it before tonight. Otherwise, I thought it was fair and accurate.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
read it last night - good article, nothing new for anyone that is seriously contemplating buying an MKIV but fun non-the-less. A few months ago they did a similar MR2 MKII & Viper Article. Both were damn good.

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They said something like ...if you don't have the bucks for a TT, go for the NA with a 6sp since that was one of our favorite cars anyway... or something to that effect. I'm thinking factory NA 6sp's are very rare ;)

Btw, anybody know whose silver Supra is in the one pic, looks like it's driving in an HPDE with an instructor onboard? Lar, that's not you is it?

·
Heavy Metal Momentum
1,121 Posts
They did say STU class will place you against 350Z's, I beleive thats incorrect due to their not having a rear seat (not STU eligible)

·
Very Senior Member
10,069 Posts
Nick 95 6sp said:
Btw, anybody know whose silver Supra is in the one pic, looks like it's driving in an HPDE with an instructor onboard? Lar, that's not you is it?
That looks like my car, but I don't normally drive with the radio on!! Can't place the tracks either - I've only been to Road Atlanta and Barber since I got the FMIC and didn't have an instructor at Barber.
Besides, it's hard to get a pic of me on the track - most of the shutter speeds are too slow............ ;)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Good article, but I remember it saying something along the lines of the 6-speed only being able to hold 700HP? I understand wanting to be conservative, but that is way off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts