Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has upgarded the rearend on the MKIV? What are the options? I was just thinking that the high rwhp cars would blow them on a normal basis. Thanks, in advance.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Keith- I know some of the non-street have gone with Ford rear ends for drag racing. I believe Venny Ten has one, but I'm not completely sure.

·
Low Miles Sackrider
190 Posts
There aren't any upgradable Supra Rear-ends that I know of. There is the Ford 9" Rear End used by Vinny Ten and Craig Paisley but that really isn't considered a Supra is it :D . The rear end can last into the 9s but with the power you are running it'll be hard to not break it.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I used to wonder the same thing until I did a bit of reading and thought about the problem a bit more. It all comes down to how much you hook up. I'm sure with slicks that even a 600+ WHP car can break parts on a good day but you'll notice most folks will stay away from it to use street tires that'll slip quite a bit more but not hook enough to break the rear end. IMHO, if you want low 9's or lower for drag racing then you might not care if you end up with a Ford 9" like the big drag guys do. I personally would never want to put a Ford part in any car (unless if was a Ford) but that's just me :).

Keith Ta said:
I was just wondering if anyone has upgarded the rearend on the MKIV? What are the options? I was just thinking that the high rwhp cars would blow them on a normal basis. Thanks, in advance.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did'nt mvp or titan? go high 8's on supra irs? Keith, i talked to u p about this and they seemed to have some good stuff for stregthening the cradle and diff.(as to keep from ripping the rearend out) which is what i hear happens before axle's or diff. break.jm.02$

·
Registered
93 Posts
With enough power available to get into the nines,a spool would be the way to go,get rid of the one wheeler thing all together.
I'm surprised that there isn't one commonly available for the MkIV,or is there?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MVP, doubtfully titan. Angel and Jesus have gone 9's.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see alot of the Japan JZA80 owners changing their LSD to TRD (or other brand) even before getting into serious mods.

It must be the "thing" there. I will see a list of mods which is not too long but almost always includes a TRD or other brand LSD.

I see the same trend in Japan with MR2s and Celicas.

I can provide brands and part numbers for LSD upgrade$$$.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts