Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of you guys rocking for wheels lately?

Currently have CCWs and wanted to sell, buy some less blingy wheels and pocket some cash but I have been looking around and it seems rather difficult to find proper offset wheels for our cars...

Also looking to go R888 305 or 315, will a 315 fit on a stock bodied MKIV with proper offset wheels and rolled fenders?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Classic original Work Equip with a step lip. Got my set built to spec. Front 18/10 +43 and rear 18/11.5 +49. 315 will fit with rolled fenders, not sure about 305 in the front. Depends on the tire though.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,075 Posts
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass to find good MKIV fitment wheels that aren't custom 3-pc or the custom order Volk TE37's.

Enkei PF01's are available in 18x10.5 +38 which can clear a 295/35 and possibly a 305/35 with enough ride height and cut/rolled fenders, but the looks are pretty ho-hum compared to some other designs out there. The PF01's can be had in 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 staggered sizing though for around $1600.
Typically to fit a 305 or a 315 well you need an 18x11 to 18x11.5ish wheel in the +55ish range, but depending on the coilovers and ride height you can end up with inside edge clearance issues.

I've known at least one person who stuffed a 335/30 under some aggressively rolled stock fenders, they were on custom spec CCW classics if memory serves, and of course CCW doesn't share offsets because that'd be too damn useful.

Reactions: CheckElbow

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Puke and Wreckless.

How would one get their hands on the custom TE37s?

Yea when I first bought my LMs, CCW told me that they wouldn't share offsets which doesn't really amount to anything given that someone could just take measurements..

·
Super Moderator
10,075 Posts
Back in the day, MVP motorsports would do a yearly-ish group buy for the Supra-spec TE37's, which were 18x9.5 +40 face 1 and 18x10.5 +45 face 3. Not sure if they're still in that game.

More recently I've seen a guy hustling batches of his own in the MK4 Supra parts FS groups on Facebook, usually around $3300-3400 + shipping. I'll try to dig up his name tomorrow.

Another option would be the Advan GT's, which can be had in 18x10 +40 for about $1k per corner.
That'd make a nice square setup if you didn't mind being limited to about a 295/35 on the rear. Might be able to shoehorn a 305/35 on there with a bit of sidewall bulge but it'd be non-ideal tire geometry.
I wish the hellaflush crowd hadn't ruined the availability of 10.5+ widths with non-derp offsets.

Reactions: Mr Ree NZ

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Back in the day, MVP motorsports would do a yearly-ish group buy for the Supra-spec TE37's, which were 18x9.5 +40 face 1 and 18x10.5 +45 face 3. Not sure if they're still in that game.

More recently I've seen a guy hustling batches of his own in the MK4 Supra parts FS groups on Facebook, usually around $3300-3400 + shipping. I'll try to dig up his name tomorrow.

Another option would be the Advan GT's, which can be had in 18x10 +40 for about $1k per corner.
That'd make a nice square setup if you didn't mind being limited to about a 295/35 on the rear. Might be able to shoehorn a 305/35 on there with a bit of sidewall bulge but it'd be non-ideal tire geometry.
I wish the hellaflush crowd hadn't ruined the availability of 10.5+ widths with non-derp offsets.
Okay yea i would appreciate his name if you can find it.

Why don't they make the TE37s in 11.5? Aren't they leaving a ton of money on the table?

None of the other options are very appealing, whether for spec or price.

I'm thinking about Work Meister or Equip but I can't get a clear picture on widths and offsets.

RavSpec offers these two at first glance:

19×9.5 +24mm Front (71mm lip) / 19×11.5 +36mm Rear (109mm lip)

Front: 18×9.5 +37mm R Disk 5×114.3 (58mm lip)
Rear: 18×11.5 +49mm O Disk 5×114.3 (96mm lip)

I want them flush with the fender and not poking really. It's a lot of money to shoot into the dark.

This one looks good, no tire specs though..

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,345 Posts
I have a set of the custom MVP Supra spec TE37 for sale

·
Registered
358 Posts
Check out some Forgestar wheels. They aren't Volk quality/finish but they are decent with some nice styles. Reasonable offsets are available too.

·
Super Moderator
10,475 Posts
Check,

The special edition Volks listed in Wreckless' post have long since been discontinued. Rays Engineering never went to an 11-11.5 inch wheel because those wheels could not meet its in-house strength standards.

I suggest you go to RikTT's wheel fitment thread and get @Radride to provide you proper wheel fitment specs. Let him know if you have OEM brakes or an aftermarket BBK. I don't see you rocking a 315 mm tire with a proper sized wheel without totally eliminating the rear quarter lip like @1A1 did on his anthracite beauty.

Ken.

·
Boost Junkie
12,548 Posts
Check,

The special edition Volks listed in Wreckless' post have long since been discontinued. Rays Engineering never went to an 11-11.5 inch wheel because those wheels could not meet its in-house strength standards.

I suggest you go to RikTT's wheel fitment thread and get @Radride to provide you proper wheel fitment specs. Let him know if you have OEM brakes or an aftermarket BBK. I don't see you rocking a 315 mm tire with a proper sized wheel without totally eliminating the rear quarter lip like @1A1 did on his anthracite beauty.

Ken.
Agreed. The 11.5 inch rear wheel I am running by CCW has a 51mm offset. No way will those Volks work unfortunately. I also completely cut my rear lip off the right way. This way there is no chance that my 315 Toyo R888Rs will ever hit the fender. I recommend cutting over rolling as rolling will result in waves on the outside sheet metal. PM me if you have any questions.

Steve

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for the helpful replies.

Steve, I'll ask here for others future information - did you have your rear fenders cut by a body shop specifically? I'd imagine they'd be more trustworthy for a job like that.

How did they seal things up to prevent rust and or peeling? Did they spray a little clear coat on the edges?

·
Boost Junkie
12,548 Posts
Hi,

I did the cutting myself. I used an air powered sawzaw and then sealed it with silicone.

Steve

·
Meh
92 Posts
Minh Nguyen is the Facebook guy (he's a mod) that Jeff was thinking of, in Austin Texas I think. He's got a few sets of SL's and others on the group for between 3200 and 3800 depending on color, but they are bang on the same spec as the OG "MVP spec" wheels. 9.5 fronts with a +40, 10.5 rears with +45. Join the "work volk ssr weds & other high end wheels for sale/trade" facebook group. He's got them posted there, as well as there is a used set from a guy named "Ben Ng" in Houston from yesterday with a set of the bronze in same spec with tires for $3700. Good hunting!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
GM guys, since we are in wheel subject, what are a good set of lug nuts for Volk SF Challenge?
I have open ended tuner lug nuts, that i have on my CCW's a few years back, but i have a feeling they don't fully sit flush at the end of the studs, even though they are tight, the VOLK's have a convened 2 step lookin' seats
I've looked at project kick, muteki, and other off the shelf like gorilla with the locking end caps, but i don't want them to stick out of its area. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Enkei PF01 wheels in 18x9.5 +45mm front and 18x10.5 +38mm rear work well. I had those with 265/35/18 and 285/35/18 and it's perfect fitment. My rear fenders were cut though - I would guess that the rears might rub a tiny bit if not rolled/cut.

(Shameless plug here) I have that set for sale right now

I switched the rears to a custom set of 18x10.5 +47mm, and 315/30/18 fits on them just fine.

·
Boost Junkie
12,548 Posts
315s on a 10.5 inch wheel is doing 315s a disservice. You really need an 11.5 inch wide wheel for a tire that wide, otherwise you run into tire squirm. About the widest you want on a 10.5 inch wheel is a 295.

Steve

1 - 20 of 33 Posts