Supra Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Registered
Thank you all for the helpful replies.

Steve, I'll ask here for others future information - did you have your rear fenders cut by a body shop specifically? I'd imagine they'd be more trustworthy for a job like that.

How did they seal things up to prevent rust and or peeling? Did they spray a little clear coat on the edges?
It's very easy. Just take your time.
I've used almost the same method as Steve, but instead I used a grinder to shave.

Primed, sealed and painted with touch up.
Been perfect for years.

Casper

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

(Rare & Unique)
I've known at least one person who stuffed a 335/30 under some aggressively rolled stock fenders, they were on custom spec CCW classics if memory serves
I know a guy as well, on LM5's over a decade ago 馃槈

GM guys, since we are in wheel subject, what are a good set of lug nuts for Volk SF Challenge?
I have open ended tuner lug nuts, that i have on my CCW's a few years back, but i have a feeling they don't fully sit flush at the end of the studs, even though they are tight, the VOLK's have a convened 2 step lookin' seats
I've looked at project kick, muteki, and other off the shelf like gorilla with the locking end caps, but i don't want them to stick out of its area. Any input would be appreciated.
If you mean seating tight on the hub end, the lug nuts should be the acorn/tapered down cone style to anchor and center the wheel. If you are referring to the other end, trying to get the lugs flush with the wheel face, it's a bit tricky. The center wheel pad thickness of all wheel brands and offsets will vary thus pushing out or sinking the lug nut due to length of wheel stud left. This is why some run open ended and be done with it. Best bet is to bolt up a front and rear wheel, leave a lug nut off then just use a little stick or ziptie to figure out measurement of whats left wheel stud wise. Now you can shop for lug nut length like Muteki SR35 or 48 etc. Also, NEVER run steel lug nuts on aluminum wheels.

315s on a 10.5 inch wheel is doing 315s a disservice
QFT ! Or any one going 2 to 3 sizes up for a tire # sake. Some don't realize they actually hurt performance in the handling department, yielding a sketchy cornering etc. Or they can't lower the car in good performance faith (and look)

Reactions: spK

Registered
I know a guy as well, on LM5's over a decade ago 馃槈

If you mean seating tight on the hub end, the lug nuts should be the acorn/tapered down cone style to anchor and center the wheel. If you are referring to the other end, trying to get the lugs flush with the wheel face, it's a bit tricky. The center wheel pad thickness of all wheel brands and offsets will vary thus pushing out or sinking the lug nut due to length of wheel stud left. This is why some run open ended and be done with it. Best bet is to bolt up a front and rear wheel, leave a lug nut off then just use a little stick or ziptie to figure out measurement of whats left wheel stud wise. Now you can shop for lug nut length like Muteki SR35 or 48 etc. Also, NEVER run steel lug nuts on aluminum wheels.

QFT ! Or any one going 2 to 3 sizes up for a tire # sake. Some don't realize they actually hurt performance in the handling department, yielding a sketchy cornering etc. Or they can't lower the car in good performance faith (and look)
great excellent, that's all i needed cheers !!

Wheel Fitment Guru
Okay yea i would appreciate his name if you can find it.

Why don't they make the TE37s in 11.5? Aren't they leaving a ton of money on the table?

None of the other options are very appealing, whether for spec or price.

I'm thinking about Work Meister or Equip but I can't get a clear picture on widths and offsets.

RavSpec offers these two at first glance:

19脳9.5 +24mm Front (71mm lip) / 19脳11.5 +36mm Rear (109mm lip)

Front: 18脳9.5 +37mm R Disk 5脳114.3 (58mm lip)
Rear: 18脳11.5 +49mm O Disk 5脳114.3 (96mm lip)

I want them flush with the fender and not poking really. It's a lot of money to shoot into the dark.

This one looks good, no tire specs though..

The specs you listed for the Work wheels are perfect fitment if you have rolled rear fenders.
R.K.

Registered
I know a guy as well, on LM5's over a decade ago

@RikTT what sizes and offsets are you running for the 335s?

Pulled fenders or just cut?

Casper

Old School
Minh Nguyen is the Facebook guy (he's a mod) that Jeff was thinking of, in Austin Texas I think. He's got a few sets of SL's and others on the group for between 3200 and 3800 depending on color, but they are bang on the same spec as the OG "MVP spec" wheels. 9.5 fronts with a +40, 10.5 rears with +45. Join the "work volk ssr weds & other high end wheels for sale/trade" facebook group. He's got them posted there, as well as there is a used set from a guy named "Ben Ng" in Houston from yesterday with a set of the bronze in same spec with tires for $3700. Good hunting!
Any experience with or feedback about him?

R/Chip

(Rare & Unique)
Any experience with or feedback about him?

R/Chip
Hey Chip, he's a legit seller and no issues with a lot of sales under his belt in all the communities like NSX GTR FD MR2 and previous Supra sales purchased by others. Send me a PM if you're set on an order or basic info so I can ping him. As a matter of fact, I have a set on order with him and he was able to pull off something for me in the Volk family despite some hurdles on thier end. I just have to be patient with factory leisure build time leads plus the state of this pandemic slowing a lot of things.

@RikTT what sizes and offsets are you running for the 335s?

Pulled fenders or just cut?

Casper

Casper, Hope all is well. We had discussed it in a thread I had made over the members section. Should be an easy find as I barely created any threads over the years.

Rad, you got it brother. Long time, hope things are good up North.

Reactions: Radride

The Great Beast 666
Currently back to OEM TT fronts and Volk GT300s in the rear, will have Weld 15inch rears wrapped with Mickey Thompson 275/60s. Hope to not have to roll, pull or cut the rear fenders in order to prevent the fenders from cutting into the tires when I launch hard.

Premium Member
I would just save up and fork out the money for a quality set of 2 or 3 piece wheels to be honest.
I recently ordered a set of Work Meister S1 3-p in 18x9,5 and 18x10,5, both ET37. They don't offer every single offset there is, but pretty close. They have different centers for different caliper setups, i believe you need the "R" disc in front if you have the big brakes.

Forgeline make wheels in every single offset there is, and are customizable beyond your imagination. I ran Forgeline GW3's with custom ARP "pistonhead" hardware on my previous Supra with 355/25/19 in the back (TRD widebody). The sickest wheels i have ever owned, i still have two 14inch barrels from when i resized the rears (prices on 355/25/19's are insane).

Premium Member
Here are some pic's of my friend's car with Meister S1 3-p's.
11.5 et49 rear and 9.5 et37 front. 315/30/18 rear.

If you are interested in Work, find a certified dealer, they get you the exact size and offset you want. 1,5-2 months wait if the barrel/lip size are in stock.

Wheel Fitment Guru
Hey Chip, he's a legit seller and no issues with a lot of sales under his belt in all the communities like NSX GTR FD MR2 and previous Supra sales purchased by others. Send me a PM if you're set on an order or basic info so I can ping him. As a matter of fact, I have a set on order with him and he was able to pull off something for me in the Volk family despite some hurdles on thier end. I just have to be patient with factory leisure build time leads plus the state of this pandemic slowing a lot of things.

Casper, Hope all is well. We had discussed it in a thread I had made over the members section. Should be an easy find as I barely created any threads over the years.

Rad, you got it brother. Long time, hope things are good up North.
Things are great. Still hustling wheel fitments for the Supra lol. I鈥檓 enjoying the Hellcat.
R.K
1CAF2FE6-70DC-40D0-AC8D-9BAD920C22E0.jpeg

21 - 33 of 33 Posts