Supra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Old School
4,067 Posts
Here’s a shot of the front, and a second that shows the widened stocker (17x10 +45) on the rear as compared to the new hotness.

I put about 50 miles on today, no rubbing, the PS4S are an outstanding tire. Glad I didn’t go smaller up front.

I’m looking forward to getting the rears on once the 285s come in this week. That will be the real fitment test.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,465 Posts
@Lagtime - Looking great, Chip. The car looks great with the new shoes.

Side note: I'm surprised you made the jump, but I know you'll have your stockish setup on standby should you ever want to pivot.

·
Old School
4,067 Posts
Mike,

Thanks for the compliment, brother.

It's tough to find top-tier tires in 17" sizes, that's one reason. I am also partial to one-piece wheel designs and the Volk TE37s are iconic Japanese tuner wheels that are almost unarguably the finest one-piece wheel ever produced for the MKIV. The six spoke design is timeless. So I decided to jump on a set while I still had the chance.

R/Chip

Reactions: Wreckless

·
From the land down under
4,390 Posts
Mike,

Thanks for the compliment, brother.

It's tough to find top-tier tires in 17" sizes, that's one reason. I am also partial to one-piece wheel designs and the Volk TE37s are iconic Japanese tuner wheels that are almost unarguably the finest one-piece wheel ever produced for the MKIV. The six spoke design is timeless. So I decided to jump on a set while I still had the chance.

R/Chip
Aint that the truth :(

The options for wide section 17" tyres are few and far between, and even worse on the bottom of the planet in NZ.

I have been hunting for about 8 months before finally settling on some Falken RT615k+ in 275/40 and 255/40. There is just nothing out there anymore

·
Old School
4,067 Posts
A 285/35-17 in a quality max performance summer tire would have been the holy grail. Not much chance of that now.

·
(Rare & Unique)
3,886 Posts
Looks great Sir Chip ! That sure is a big jump for you rolling on stockers for a long time now. Great choice and some weight savings as an added bonus. Minh is very good to deal with and glad you got it in just as he stated to me via text when I told him you're after a set. Now I have to hurry up and wait on mine thanks to your teaser Lol. Enjoy brother and congrats on a fine purchase

·
Old School
4,067 Posts
Looks great Sir Chip ! That sure is a big jump for you rolling on stockers for a long time now. Great choice and some weight savings as an added bonus. Minh is very good to deal with and glad you got it in just as he stated to me via text when I told him you're after a set. Now I have to hurry up and wait on mine thanks to your teaser Lol. Enjoy brother and congrats on a fine purchase
Thanks, Rik. Minh's great, I don't envy you the wait but it'll all be worth it to have what you want.

Reactions: RikTT

·
Registered
27 Posts
Okay yea i would appreciate his name if you can find it.

Why don't they make the TE37s in 11.5? Aren't they leaving a ton of money on the table?

None of the other options are very appealing, whether for spec or price.

I'm thinking about Work Meister or Equip but I can't get a clear picture on widths and offsets.

RavSpec offers these two at first glance:

19×9.5 +24mm Front (71mm lip) / 19×11.5 +36mm Rear (109mm lip)

Front: 18×9.5 +37mm R Disk 5×114.3 (58mm lip)
Rear: 18×11.5 +49mm O Disk 5×114.3 (96mm lip)

I want them flush with the fender and not poking really. It's a lot of money to shoot into the dark.

This one looks good, no tire specs though..

i have a set of Work Meisters 3 piece on my MKIV, usual 18x10 and 18x11.5. fits the TT brakes perfect, ill post the offsets and type of face once i get home from work. running 285/30 and 315/30 tires

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I’ve been on the stock wheels for so long. Where are all the used quality wheels at?!

·
Registered
94 with PHR single kit, Tanabe DP, AEM boost, fuel pressure and afr, dual setting MBC, TE37SL, HKS
103 Posts
I picked my set of te37sl supra spec from Minh also. 18x10.5 +45 for the rear and 18x9.5 +38 front with concave face. His Instagram.com/idleboost bought them Monday night and had them Thursday. Even had a set of lug nuts included for a discounted price. Easiest transaction ever honestly. Running 265/35-18 for the fronts and 285/35-18 for the rears.

Attachments

·
Registered
'93 Black RHD TT 6SPD
15 Posts
What are some of you guys rocking for wheels lately?

Currently have CCWs and wanted to sell, buy some less blingy wheels and pocket some cash but I have been looking around and it seems rather difficult to find proper offset wheels for our cars...

Also looking to go R888 305 or 315, will a 315 fit on a stock bodied MKIV with proper offset wheels and rolled fenders?
Hey CheckElbow.

I am actually currently looking to buy a set of CCWs. If and when you find a new set of wheels, please contact me and maybe I can take your CCWs off your hands.

Thanks!

·
JetFire
5,396 Posts
GMR has some decent options and they can make whatever width/offset you want and can customize down to the bolt colours. I'm running 18" GMR DS-R's in "my" interpretation of Supra fitment. Took about 6 weeks to make once the order was placed and got them a week after they were completed.

Reactions: Mr.Gill

·
Registered
749 Posts
Shameless plug (again ;) ) ... I have some nice Enkei PF01 in silver for sale ... See post #19 in this thread.

I've always liked the slim-spoke look on the Supra.

·
Registered
35 Posts
On the more budget side I got some Ace Alloy AFF02 19x8.5 +35 fronts and 19x10 +45 rears. matte black. Fitment is perfect. Had a hard time finding anything in 2020 as well.
RHD Supra wheel pics.JPG

41 - 60 of 93 Posts