Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I recently had an issue with my last engine, the rings destroyed the number 6 cylinder in my 7mgte. Luckily I have a spare complete engine.

My goal is to shoot for 400-450whp. I am wondering weather or not I need to have a metal head gasket. I have a brand new one at my house, it is a Titan 1.4mm. But I don't really want to get the block decked because I don't want to have to tear apart the whole block to send it to the shop.

Would an OEM Head gasket work for my power range? (I am in CT and only run Shell 93 octane) or would you advise on using the MLS gasket.

Thank you

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay thanks for the reply guys, just to clearify I had the head skimmed already and checked for the proper RA to put a metal head gasket in. It is just the block now that is left.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I was in the same position. Take the extra time to do it right and never worry about it again. If you wanted 300 HP it'd be a different story, but it sounds like you want more than that. Plan to shim the pump, remove the banjo fitting, etc while you're in the bottom end. Then comes a high flow oil system, etc.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts