Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I just received my MMD and SBC I-Color from Blitz. Does anyone knows how if I can use the MMD I-Color the same way I used my old Powermeter ID? My old setup was SBC ID-III and Power meter ID.

Thanks...

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
uhh... no.. because you don't have to use two devices anymore

MMD i-color + SBC ID III = SBC i-color.

Basicly the SBC i-color is a combo of the poermeter ID and the SBC ID III in one device. Since you already have the SBC ID III, you just plug the "brain" of the boost controller into the MMD i-color, and you have an SBC i-color.

Just return the SBC i-color for a refund, install the MMD I-color, remove the SBC ID-III display, and plug in your existing SBC ID III "brain" and your are ready to go.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Mt.Fuji

I don't think you understand.

The SBC i-color has the EXACT same boost control as the SBC ID III, they are identical in every way. The diffrence is the SBC I-color also incorporates all the features of the Power meter + some.

IF you already have an SBC ID III, Blitz was nice enough to include an upgrade path. If you buy an MMD i-color, and plug in your existing SBC ID III, it is exactly the same as the SBC I-color.

Coc4in3 double purchased, well he triple purchased really. He needs to return the SBC i-color, keep the MMD i-color, and plug in his existing boost control brain. The end result is he will have an SBC i-color for a much lower cost, since he already has the boost controller.

Selling the older SBC III and returning the MMD will just cause him to un-install and re-install the exact same boost controller, and loose a bunch of money.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Gadfly- stop looking at your avatar. I understand perfectly as I own an iColor. I was telling our poster that he has another option which is to unload his older version for the iColor meaning the iColor is the SBC III and more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot guys....

I already sold my SBC ID and Power Meter ID.

I like to have to two displays you know... That's why I asked if I can use both, the MMD and SBC I Color as the same setup with the IDIII and Power Meter.

So can I run SBC and MMD I-Color in my car or not?

Thanks ;-)

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
MtFujiSupra said:
I understand perfectly as I own an iColor. I was telling our poster that he has another option which is to unload his older version for the iColor meaning the iColor is the SBC III and more.
Yes it is: MMD i-color + SBC ID III = SBC i-color

Why would you want to sell your SBC ID III, and then turn around and buy the SBC i-color for $755? When you can buy the MMD i-color, hook up your existing boost soleniod, and have the exact same thing for $419 with minimal installing?

Taken directly from Blitz's website:

"MMD i-COLOR

Available as an upgrade to the SCB ID I, II or III, the MMD i-Color consists of the head unit and wiring harness from the SBC i-Color, and enables the controller with all the same features. Utilizing the existing solenoid"

They are the same thing, just the MMD i-color is $336 cheaper. So if you have an SBC ID I, II, or III it is a waste of money to buy an SBC i-color. Even if you wanted two displays, it is only $838 for two MMD i-color's (you almost can buy both MMD's for the cost of the 1 SBC i-color), vs $1174 for for 1 SBC i-color and on MMD's.

(MVP's prices)

Back to the original question.

I suppose there is nothing stopping you from useing both at the same time, but They will not work together like the the old combo. Since they both are the same unit, they will not add any additional functionality like the power meter combo (only one will control boost), and each unit will run stand alone. You might however look into a few HKS RevAD's as not to cause signal loss running double pick-ups off the ECU harness for things such as the Air/fuel, speed, rpm etc.

( http://www.hksusa.com/categories/?id=1927 )

Other than multi-tapping the harness you whould be fine to run as many as you want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi would like to ask,
i get my 2nd hand car with this installed

but the display were stolen
so i cant confirm which version SCB is this

an on the other hand i found some one selling SBC i-Color display screen only without computer unit (not MMD)

canit fit to my computer unit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts