Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a different autozone to verify the amount of ATF fluid I needed and the guy at this one said it has to be type T fluid. Is the type T just a synthetic also?

S

·
0 Posts
I would recommend sticking with recommended Toyota tranny fluid. Mobil 1 might be OK, and it might not. The Toyota stuff works well, plain and simple. I've never tried anything else.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that F'n Sucks! I wanted to run synthetic so it wouldn't break down like regular ATF does. That Sht from Toyota is probably $5 a quart also just like the synthetic, huh?

S

·
0 Posts
swamibob said:
Well that F'n Sucks! I wanted to run synthetic so it wouldn't break down like regular ATF does. That Sht from Toyota is probably $5 a quart also just like the synthetic, huh?
Chill out dude. It'll be all good tomorrow when you get the converter done. The Toyota stuff isn't all that expensive, and it's got everything in it your tranny needs and nothing it doesn't. I hate to follow the herd but I think you gotta go with what works in this dept.

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
As I posted a couple of days ago. Use only Toyota T4 ATF, and if you are running a convertor (and you should have an aux. cooler too) you would be smart to flush/change the fluid much more often than normal.

This is the advice I got from the guy who builds the trannies for SP. His advice goes for both stock and the built trannies. The built trannies should actually use Dextron 3 or 4 because the clutch material is different.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info everyone. I got type t4 from toyota for $25.60 a gallon and the new seal for $11.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts