Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to do it to clear the 4" intake pipe.any one know what size NPT plug to use? will 1/8 do?and is a gasket or "o"ring I need to change between the pipe and the water pump?
any tips of doing it, or speical care need?Thanks,Stephen

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,097 Posts
Once you get the metal inserts pulled out of the neck you can run a 1/8 NPT tap in there. It's tight, and with flush-head plugs they will actually be a little sunk in to the holes. But they should seal up just fine.

There is an o-ring on the pipe coming up from the water pump, and a gasket between the neck and the head. May as well replace them while you're in there.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you very much! this all I need to know, so once pull the metal nipple out , do I need the drill it bigger frist or it's right size just tap it with 1/8 npt tap?

·
Registered
286 Posts
just weld them shut. i had mine done and it took like 10mins to take it off and weld it and the put it back on.. looks great and never have to worry about it again.. cost like 30$

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,097 Posts
Certainly welding them shut it a great permanent solution. They look a lot nicer if you grind away the bungs and clean the welds to they can't even bee seen.

But if you're going to plug them with a NPT, you don't need to drill the holes out at all. In fact, they're a tiny bit larger than you really want, but it still works.

-Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts