Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have been promising my girl a turbo conversion for a while now. Well, I bought a modded Supra project from a guy who only had prior exp. with Camaros and Mustangs. However, he put a lot of work into the car and did a great job, just couldn't get it running. I bought it on Ebay and found that it just needed a starter, CPS, and was out of time. It fired right up, but there are a lot of misc. hoses and stuff that are not hooked up. The car runs, but the idle lopes. I have not driven the car down the road in fear of messing something up. I am familiar with stock MK3 turbos, but not modded. I will include pics to these questions...
OK, here are my questions:
1) The two intake holes in each valve cover are not air fed nor blocked off. I will be using a GM MAF-Translator and will not be using the stock acordion hose. What do I do about the holes in the valve covers?
2) I have no vacuum hoses to the FPR, and the VSVs and all vacuum sensors under the intake manifold are removed. Where can I pull vacuum from for the FPR?
3) The ISC missing with a block off plate instead. Will this cause any problems?
Thanks in advance
89 Supra Turbo, freshly rebuilt engine, MAF-T, T4 turbo, headers, 3" exhaust all the way back, rebuilt injectors, FMIC (not installed), Walbro FP (not installed)

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you still have the stock PCV system. (The goldish looking pipe right behind the 3000 pipe) You can run the two valve cover nipples into that and runs that back into the intake you are running. If you had a catch can, it would also be simple. But here this might help.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/MarkIIISupra/PCV.jpg

It hard to see but there are two hoses running down off of the PCV into the valve cover nipples then it runs beneath the 3000 pipe into the intake. BTW that is Patrick's car, we are finishing it up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My MAF-T will be in my intercooler piping leaving my air filter directly over the turbo. I don't have an accordion hose.
Also, I was wondering about a vac chart to see what lines I need and which I don't. I don't have the ISC and assume I can run without it, but I do need a vac line at the FPR and was hoping someone could tell me a good setup.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Here ill try and answer all your questions...

1. You can either get a PCV hose or a catch can, since you arent going to use the stock accordian hose ill recommend a catch can, ebay has them cheap.

2. If i remember right the FPR pulls vacuum off of the the manifold. The charcoal can and egr pull vacuum off the two throttle body nipples... so yah.

3.No ISC should only effect your idle, some have had success running without it, but most have not. You should still use it. I dont have the ability to explain the way it should be run, its kinda tricky.

Are you running blow through or draw through with your maft setup?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Are you sure the FPR runs off of the manifold? I guess that makes sense, so that the FPR gets vacuum at light throttle, and pressure on its diaphragm during boost, yes?

·
Registered
362 Posts
yes, the regulator is a 1:1 ratio unit so for every pound of boost it sees it raises the fuel pressure 1 psi. so it needs a manifold vacuum source to read vac and boost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts