Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... I'm in the market for a Supra right now. Never owned one, but now have the opportunity to get one!! :D I'm coming into a bunch of money so I want to do some modding.

I see quite a few cars with 800-900rwhp. Seen a few mods lists and sort of built my own potential mod list from parts that I've done research on.

Can someone give me some links to find some more parts? I've been dealing with SP Engineering in CA to get a lot of my parts for other cars for my side business so I might end up sending them the Supra once I get it. But I'm really looking for someone a little more local. I know SP is pretty reputable and have had their cars in quite a few magazines so I thought I'd use them to help me build mine.

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
SP is highly recommended for work. Larry and Gary are great and know their shit. There are tons of places to get parts at a reasonable cost, check around and compare. Thumbs up for SP, though SP-e is capable as well.

Adam

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
if your right in ny, why not deal with paisley.. he's been making big power for quite some time now..
ps, have you found a supra yet, i live on longisland and maybe selling mine(its a 95 tt bpu/auto). jay

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
havn't really found one yet... most likely making the purchase when the snow is gone. I'm mainly looking for anything 6 speed with black interior. I think those are my only things I am looking for. Preferably as close to stock as possible so that I can start from a clean slate.

Havn't really thought about Paisley, I thought they were only a parts distributor. Didn't actually know they were a garage. Are they pretty reputable?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know of a place called Pro-tech in Harriman NY, a buddy of mine works there and he says that there are supra coming in all the time to have work done by them.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Got Twins? said:
I know of a place called Pro-tech in Harriman NY, a buddy of mine works there and he says that there are supra coming in all the time to have work done by them.
arent they a small trany shop? they did my trany ..they where ok. sad thing is i had to locate the parts and they put my clutch in back words at first after i told them how to do , I had to have spi redo it.

baf32 does work on supra's
as for shops go to paisley if you want to get raped.

in nj bullish racing is good and Spi is another good shop (SPI works with you and your goals )

also look at xoticmotorsports in Cochranville PA there rather good too.

sound performance is another good place but its a drive :(

next place is MSP in maryland im going to take my car there to have them tune my AEM ecu i hear there on the money with it..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do the shops you listed all have dynos to tune everything or do they do that somewhere else?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts