Supra Forums banner

Modification Path!!!

2K views 6 replies 1 participant last post by  mustangfanatic 
G
#1 ·
So if any of you are familiar with 3si.org you know that they give you a section that lays out a nice path to follow for modifying your car, and when to do it. It helps alot and was wondering if there is something here similar to that...or if not, can someone post something? This would be for a 93+ TT Supra (manual). Like maybe exhaust, intake, boost controller...etc...then what? Also, what are the capabilities of the stock turbos. Just a general layout of what parts need to be replaced (or upgraded) at certain horsepower levels would be great!!! Thanks alot guys!

Mustang,

#2 ·
Well, your basic BPU mods are really the way to go.

For starters, buy a downpipe and a Greddy BCC...this is the best bang for the buck at about $400 total. 30 rwhp or so with no boost cut issues. Then add an intake, exhaust, and boost controller to round out the BPU upgrades and you'll be at over 400 rwhp for potentially under $1500 (especially if you buy used parts).

After that, go with an FMIC and adjustable cam gears. Once you're done with that, you can go to an HKS VPC/GCC and you're ready for single turbo next (unless you have an automatic). :)

G
#5 ·
After that, go with an FMIC and adjustable cam gears. Once you're done with that, you can go to an HKS VPC/GCC and you're ready for single turbo next (unless you have an automatic).

Okay, So what if you are one of those with an Automatic. Suggestions? I am upto the part of the FMIC...Fuel man... J/k no I mean the Front mount intercooler then do I go VPC/GCC? Then after?? Is adjust cam gears really necessary or just for looks?? Thanks

patrick:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.