Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a set of high imp injectors, but I overlooked the fact that they're 14mm feed instead of 11mm. Has anyone machined their stock rail to accept 14mm injectors or is my only option to go aftermarket?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
i'm not even sure if the rail itself has enough material to do this with it. and its very small like a -6 maybe in the fuel rail. and they sell special bits to do this kind of work and they're not cheap.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm not even sure if the rail itself has enough material to do this with it. and its very small like a -6 maybe in the fuel rail. and they sell special bits to do this kind of work and they're not cheap.
Power goal is just shy of 500 while I still have the glass trans (w58) so the ID of the stock rail won't be a problem. The rail is already modified for -6 feed and return anyway. Looking at the rail more closely, there doesn't seem like there's enough material to work with. I've heard that someone makes adapters, but I haven't been able to find them. I'd rather spend $80 on injector adapters for a setup that's already more than adequate for my power goals than have to buy and plumb a new rail and fpr.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
i've heard of people shaving down the 14mm inlet injectors to work with a 10-11mm rail. my friend has a set. i have a lathe i can try to shave one down with. maybe i can help you with your problem if it comes down to that. i'm quite sure i can make adapters also... but then you'd have to offset the rail height for the adapters.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I've modified 7mgte rails to accept the 14mm injectors. It takes a special bit to do it with. I havent looked at the stock GE rail to see if there is enough material to do so, but I would imagine it would be no problem. If you would like, you can send me your rail and I will drill it out for cheap.

Lawrence

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've modified 7mgte rails to accept the 14mm injectors. It takes a special bit to do it with. I havent looked at the stock GE rail to see if there is enough material to do so, but I would imagine it would be no problem. If you would like, you can send me your rail and I will drill it out for cheap.
I just found and purchased the adapters from Injector Dynamics for $11.50 each. There is really only a millimeter or two of clearance to play with on two sides of the rail so I think machining is out of the question. I may be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had my injectors machined a little and they drop right in
Was never looking to machine the injectors themselves. They're 1000cc so I'll have room to grow when I do decide to add another pump and upgrade the rail and fpr. Machining them to fit a smaller rail would defeat that purpose.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts

Lawrence
if only the 7mgte rails could fit on a 2jzge... that would be great. that rail is overkill for a stock car.

·
Registered
582 Posts
the 7m rail does bolt on. i just sold my ge lower runners to a 7m guy, that is doing an engine swap, he brought his 7m rail to check to see how it would fit and it bolted right up. it was the 7m n/a rail

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
when I was NA-T my Mechanic machined out enough material to fit a set of RC 750's that were 14mm and it worked fine

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
the 7m rail does bolt on. i just sold my ge lower runners to a 7m guy, that is doing an engine swap, he brought his 7m rail to check to see how it would fit and it bolted right up. it was the 7m n/a rail
that's kinda crazy, i've test fitted the 7mgte rail to the ge lower runners but the bosses i dont think would line up correctly (i think the engine was too long for the rail also). i mean my modified aftermarket 2jzgte rail doesnt line up 100% either, but its much closer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.