Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ronin
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious if anyone has seen, or knows if its possible to either a) eliminate the shifter linkage, or 2) change the basic shape of it.

FYI- think for a hybrid swap...putting a v160 in something thats not a supra...

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
What kind of modification are you looking to? I know the getrag like the back of my hand.

Joe

·
Ronin
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a) eliminate the shifter linkage, or 2) change the basic shape of it.
'

exactly what i said.

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
The V160 has four select forks within it. The main shift/selector rod moves these select forks individually. A shift plate prevents two or more forks from engaging the gears together and locking it up. The 1-2 , 3-4 and reverse are in the tail housing. 5-6 are in clutch housing and are switched around to allow fifth to become direct drive. Note: the Getrag 233 is also used in the Skyline R34 v-spec II. Even the gear ratios are the same. Velside makes a hydraulic shift mechanism to allow the driver to control the center ATTESSA differential via a lever. You may want to look into a transmission from the skyline instead for additional options.

Joe.

·
Ronin
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had actually thought about it, but the idea of having to mess with the out put for the x-case bothers me, i dont know if you have seen the getrag from a gtr, but the trans housing has a big hole for the shaft in the side of it.thats why people who swap rb26s into rwd cars use the rb25's 5 speed. plus its a lot smaller. I may just end up using an r154, in fact im 99 percent sure thats what im doing as its already mounted to my chassis anyway...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts