Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to ask you guys if there are any parts you wish someone made for this car that arent out there or havent been made yet. Or somthing you'd like the supra to have that it doesnt come with. I am in an engineering class and I need to design somthing that hasn't been made yet. I thought I'd base it on the supra.

All ideas are welcome, thanks.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
antiskier said:
I wanted to ask you guys if there are any parts you wish someone made for this car that arent out there or havent been made yet. Or somthing you'd like the supra to have that it doesnt come with. I am in an engineering class and I need to design somthing that hasn't been made yet. I thought I'd base it on the supra.

All ideas are welcome, thanks.

latches for the targa top instead of allen bolts.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I'd like a lazer beam that can scrach my ass from space.

But seriously like them said.... a good set of piston return springs that wont sag would be so nice.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hmm.... How about some clear front corners? Its still pretty amazing that they are manufactered yet..

·
Registered
54 Posts
better access to the blinker fluid filler, and a stripper that is constantly shaking her ass in ur face.

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
a head gasket that never blows from 5-50 psi, lol

·
Registered
344 Posts
an X-brace that ties up the tunnel on the underside of the car. that would really stiffen up the chassis.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
the humor is dying in this thread.

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
all kidding aside, the latches would be a pretty good engineering project. You'd have to calculate out the stress of the lever, a latch mechanism, the force applied to hold the top on, the force needed to open the latch ect. people don't realize how much goes into something like that when designed well, especially if you want to make it nice a light and quick and easy to use.

If you want something more simple, a AFPR that sits in the stock rail would be kinda cool. I just designed a replacement alternator bracket for FF manifolds, that was kind of easy. There’s the talked of smaller oil pump drive cog. don’t think anyone actually drew that one up. That should be enough ideas to get your gears turning.

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,523 Posts
Wind deflector so when you have the targa off?I started on it, but then gave up when I didn't have the tools to fab it.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
hood prop to hold up the hood
i hate the damn shocks
i just picked up a ford probe hood prop
gonna make it work somehow

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Solid tranny mount.

Replacement under engine shield. Something made with a tougher material than the moistened tar paper that Toyota decided to use for the original.

New rear subframe anyone? I know the big power boys are cracking these worse than CPR on a 90 year old.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts