Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 710 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2jz in my 95 s14 with a s366 ,1050 cc injectors ,haltech sp2000 .

Once I finished the swap I ran it at 15 psi no issues at all ! I started to up the boost towards 20-22psi and had some break up .. Gapped plugs to .22 and still same issue. So I bought a hks dli brand new !! still did nothing for me ...:( After finding out about mojo performance lq9 coil brackets and harness I said hell yes ..(had same coils on a 700 hp ka engine w/ no issues at all !) today I got my brackets wiring and hardware . Gave awesome instructions ,diagrams ,and more info than you need !! Rick owner of mojo performance is also a awesome guy and very knowledgeable !!

So after the install I took her back out and no issues at all !!! turned it up to 30 psi at a .30 gap and didn't miss a beat . These coils are amazing,and stock appearing !!!

very high quality craftsmanship on the harness and brackets which are laser cut

link for reference http://mojoperf.com/drupal/node

·
Registered
125 Posts
clean install....I talked to Rick tonight through email and I am planning on jumping on this set up for my mkiv... have you put it on a dyno yet to see what kind of numbers your putting down.

·
Blood for Blood
8,324 Posts
LQ9 coils put out 120mA what do our stock 2jz-gte coils put out? I know it's going to be a lot less I just wanted to know if anyone knew the number.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Rick is awesome,i just got my set and will be installing this weekend, Then i will get on the dyno and see the difference from vvti packs to Lq9 coils

·
Registered
196 Posts
LQ9 coils put out 120mA what do our stock 2jz-gte coils put out? I know it's going to be a lot less I just wanted to know if anyone knew the number.
This is "Mojo" Rick ... Just saw this thread. Glad to see these working for people.
I've just ordered the test equipment that will allow me to make direct measurements of coil output current - I'll be then able to give numbers for comparisons. I'll update here.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am ordering my set from Rick today and cannot wait to get them! I'll make a thread with pics when I get them, maybe a DIY. Rick is a great guy to work with, I urge you guys to pick up this kit!

·
Boost Addicted.
1,217 Posts
Interesting .. In for more updates.
BTW, is this setup eliminating the OEM igniter?

·
Registered
196 Posts
How much does this kit run?
$395. with used and tested coils, $525. with new coils. Prices are shipped to the continental US. The coils are converted to on-plug configuration with new boots and inner contact springs. The kit includes a set of laser cut/tig welded brackets and a wire harness. Installation is not pug and play, but there are only 9 wires to hook up. General installation instructions are included, and I can provide car-specific wire diagrams if requested.

·
MKIV owner since 1996
2,869 Posts
I've been dealing with Rick for years, you guys should buy with confidence from him, he is a retired NASA electrical engineer.

Adam

·
Registered
409 Posts
These coils have internal igniters correct

·
Registered
169 Posts
Interesting .. In for more updates.
BTW, is this setup eliminating the OEM igniter?
Yes the oem igniter is eliminated!! I'll be selling my brand new igniter with my oem coil packs here pretty soon. Ricks coils should be at my door by Saturday!

1 - 20 of 710 Posts