Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I tryed search but it only brought up 3 things and none told me :(

Im looking to replace all of my molding here soon and toyota has like 2-3 diffrent shades of grey and i dont know which mine is :( i have a 86.5 and its a dark grey but i dunno what grey it is according to toyota.

Did toyota only have 1 grey for 86.5-88?

Heres a pic of my molding

A part number or exact color name would be very helpful!

Thanks, Barry

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
There is only 1 grey type of trim for 86.5-88.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
400 here for molding from toyota. I havent ordered it yet cause im waiting till i paint my car but ill have it by the end of the summer. Im going with 89+ molding on my 87.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
I have ALL the side trim for 86.5-88 sitting in my garage except for the long piece on each door. They bent, so I through em out. I have every other piece. Send me a private message if you're interested. Was removed to install the white trim.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have an '87 turbo, pearl white. The mouldings on the 86-88 cars had a metal backing and in some cases rusted out. Mine was badly rusted and it looked exactly like the mouldings in your pictures.

The 89-92 cars had plastic mouldings that didn't rust. I got a complete set of white moldings from someone on this board for a hundred bucks.

here's the result:

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Jeff Lange said:
There is only 1 grey type of trim for 86.5-88.
Thanks for the straight answer jeff! :bigthumb:

Sorry guys i cant stand the white package way to much white for my taste i gotta have the molding to break up all the whiteness.

Yea moldings from toyota are expensive but i wanna restore this car back how it was perfectly with new stuff. The most expensive peices are the rear center and the 2 doors. I already have a whole center peice i got off ebay for 57 bucks and the molding looks brand new! I woulda bought it from toyota but its discontuined so i cant :(

Thanks again for your help jeff!

And it was $857 or something close for all of the moldings i agree with robbo its very much worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts