Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey, I just wanted to post this because I'm a little curious to know if there's another supraforum member that's from Montana. Let me know, I'm always down to cruise!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey, to tell you the truth there wasn't much activity on this thread so I quit checking lol. But anyhow I've head of a black mkiv rolling around gfalls lately? anyone on here's? Also sorry i didnt relpy to you guys who have posted, are you still around the state somewhere?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice man, its good to hear that there's other supras rolling around the state who are members on the forum. What kind of mods are you running? 6 spd? TT? Targa or hardtop? Color?

·
Registered
16 Posts
6 spd, targa, black, just got done bolting up a single turbo setup. now I'm running a 60-1 single, aem v2, tein suspension, but other than that it's all original and stock. It's got a pretty modest pump-gas tune on it and is putting down about 400 to the wheels, which is enough for me for the time being. I'm just trying to restore it and get the thing looking showroom quality now though. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time finding a garage in Missoula to store it for the winter so I can work on it, but I'll get it figured out. How bout you man? I'm interested in what you're running, I always turn green with envy when I hear about a hardtop supra... and jdm too? how'd you manage that?

·
Registered
120 Posts
iv been to missoula a few times, not much of a import car scene their, im actually impressed to hear about a supra their, the only import sports car iv seen their was a lotus and a nsx

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
6 spd, targa, black, just got done bolting up a single turbo setup. now I'm running a 60-1 single, aem v2, tein suspension, but other than that it's all original and stock. It's got a pretty modest pump-gas tune on it and is putting down about 400 to the wheels, which is enough for me for the time being. I'm just trying to restore it and get the thing looking showroom quality now though. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time finding a garage in Missoula to store it for the winter so I can work on it, but I'll get it figured out. How bout you man? I'm interested in what you're running, I always turn green with envy when I hear about a hardtop supra... and jdm too? how'd you manage that?
Well I got pretty lucky to come across it. I was cruising around town and pretty much shit my pants when I saw a supra sitting at a rundown dealership by our base. I pulled in to find that it was actually a rhd, hardtop, 6spd, TT. Turns out that the guy was selling it on consignment for an importing company? But i have no idea why they decided to have it sold at a relatively shitty dealership when they could have just parked it anywhere and sold it pretty much instantly. But nontheless I ended up getting it. I almost didn't get it due to the fact that there wasn't a clear title for it when I was first interested. Luckily I ended up finding a lady who worked at the MT DMV and she pulled some strings to get it legally titled and registered. But for mods im running a pretty basic BPU setup. I have a hardpipe HKS intake pipe with a 4' HKS filter, HKS black series SSQV BOV, Greddy trust boost gauge in bars, and a sequential turbo switch. For wheels it's sitting on the BBS that I bought it with (I have no idea what type to tell you the truth, but theyre 18's and wrapped in 275 Nitto Invos on the rear). For my exhaust I have a 1st cat delete due to the fact that something with the jdm ceramics doesn't allow for a standard downpipe to be used. I'm in the process of getting a straight through midpipe. To finish the exhaust off I have a TRD Gen 1 catback. I'm probably forgetting some stuff but that's the just of it at least. I have some cosmetics too, a carbon fiber radiator cooling plate and a Top Secret GT300 steering wheel. I'd love to meet up sometime and catch a ride with you too, I'm planning on going single sometime in the near future but it's just a matter of getting some finances together for the build.

Heres a pic to give you an idea:

iv been to missoula a few times, not much of a import car scene their, im actually impressed to hear about a supra their, the only import sports car iv seen their was a lotus and a nsx
Yea dude to tell you the truth thats pretty much how it is here in Montana. I mean we're not the horse riding, tobacco spitting people that most of the United States think we are, but the car scene here is pretty much as close to nonexistant as it gets. Of course there are exceptions but as a whole it sucks..

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And I forgot to mention I have the suprastore FMIC and TRD tranny and engine mounts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah man we'll have to meet up and take a cruise sometime soon for sure. That's the closest thing I've heard to a Cinderella story about a Supra. I actually finally managed to find a garage right next to my house where I can store and work on it, so the fun will begin once I download my map onto my computer. We should try to meet up before the snow falls and our cars become less than safe on the road.
The story of how I got my Supra is much less enthralling. I basically had been watching ebay for years, finally found one that was reasonably priced, spoke with the lister several times, and got out-bid for it in the last 20 seconds. At the time I was going to school in Philly, and the car happened to be right next to my school. Towards the end of the summer the guy who beat me in the auction supposedly started giving the seller the run around with how he was going to pay for it, so he pulled out of the deal and sold it to me privately. I've owned it since '06, and I've loved every minute of it. So happy to finally have it near me in a garage where I can give it the TLC it deserves.

@alfamafia, I actually just met some guys today that run a sort of car club type thing, all imports, and they seem pretty legit. They've got a track in town they use to drift and whatnot. I was kinda surprised to find it here too, but there's clearly a bigger car scene than I was originally expecting. But unfortunately, MT in general doesn't have a very big import scene, unless you're driving a WRX, in which case it seems like you could find a subie club in every town in the state

·
Registered
120 Posts
nice so you live in missoula itself or on the side of it such as lolo or french town?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts