Supra Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well last year I installed my new turbo kit a really basic setup with only 5psi. This year I'm installing my aem ems, getting new injectors, engine/tt gasket, fuel pump,clutch and hopefully a new turbo as mine was destroyed end of last year:( Now I'm using a cheap ebay turbo my friend had laying around :(. A 6265 is what I'm going to get if its in the budget. I also purchased a stillen bumper to replace the veilside c1 i bought with the car. So now i have to get that painted. SOOO much money to spend so little to be had lol. Here are a few pics of it last summer when I was installing the turbo.

And a pic of my buddies and I car in spokane.

·
ESE CULO
2,962 Posts
Yeah man, there's another mk4 apparently spotted around here by my friends, but I haven't caught it myself. It's a lonely city, and state actually for that matter. But thanks for the website for the head units. The site is legit? And I still haven't made a purchase yet on one, so your timing is good. Just a matter of mustering up the funds and spending them on audio when they can be well spent on performance lol.
I can understand man. Have you been able to find any other car clubs yet? It is, they do have a store on Ebay as well but I believe that their site itself is cheaper. From what my uncle told me when ordering from there that everything comes in, it can just take awhile. But it's a lot cheaper than anywhere else you can get it from normally. Worse comes to worse you can do a charge back if it never comes. But yeah if you're looking for for just a replacement to fill in your empty dash hole and don't mind aesthetics too much just go with the 3200 DVD unit, has most of the features of the 4200/4300 just a smaller screen and etc. Can't beat it for under 300 dollars, and the company will give you mounting hardware and wire harness too included.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Nice man, thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

But as far as car clubs, there isn't many options. Of course there's the (you have to be above 50 and be bald *cough) corvette club, or the late night meet at the auto parts store (you have to have neon underglow and an aftermarket spoiler) club lol. But in all seriousness, there are a few good clubs around here, but I haven't gotten involved too much. There's a ton of STI's that are in the subaru club which seems pretty cool, but just not entirely my scene. We have one of the nation's largest air force bases here, so we get some cars from that, but not a whole lot in general.

Oh and greenzombie, thanks for the pics! The build seems to be coming along good. I'd love to meet up sometime if you ever pass through great falls or the surrounding areas!

·
Hardtop Crew
6,399 Posts
Montana is beautiful. wheres the closest drag strip lol?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I go to spokane WA fairly often for the drags there. Haven't raced the supra out there yet but probably will this year. And yeah if your ever in the kalispell area let me know as well! There is nothing up here for a car seen a few hondas a 400000000000000000hp eclipse I haven't seen yet and a fd tt.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Montana is beautiful. wheres the closest drag strip lol?
That's one comment on the thread that I will definately backup, pretty damn beautiful country around here in the summer. Roads suck for the most part, but when you do find a good one, there's nothing better than a grumbing 2JZ, beautiful surrounding, and no one else in sight :). But there is a drag strip in a place called Lewistown. I haven't been there myself, but I'd imagine it's full of pieced together backyard chevelle's but hey, nothing wrong with that I suppose.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I go to spokane WA fairly often for the drags there. Haven't raced the supra out there yet but probably will this year. And yeah if your ever in the kalispell area let me know as well! There is nothing up here for a car seen a few hondas a 400000000000000000hp eclipse I haven't seen yet and a fd tt.
Sounds a lot like Great Falls, except about a million STI's from the base along with the hondas and DSMs.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just moved to GFs about 3 monthes ago and Just got a MKIV (not shipped here yet). I am actually from the western part of the state originally but both my wife and I got jobs up at the Guard base. It would nice to meet some people that know a thing or two about these cars. I have seen one MKIV in the state and it was a quite some time ago in Stevensville, I would agree it is pretty rare to see these cars in this state.

·
Registered
2 Posts
me too!

I just moved to GFs about 3 monthes ago and Just got a MKIV (not shipped here yet). I am actually from the western part of the state originally but both my wife and I got jobs up at the Guard base. It would nice to meet some people that know a thing or two about these cars. I have seen one MKIV in the state and it was a quite some time ago in Stevensville, I would agree it is pretty rare to see these cars in this state.
Livin' here in Stevensville. Haven't seen one mkiv in my LIFE (so sad I know), but I am a proud owner of a beautiful silver mkiii. needs head gasket!! 130,000mi and only slight signs of failure. Might have had gasket replaced by factory, before i got it, but not torqued down to the RIGHT specs again, possibly... Seems like a long time for the gasket to start failing... As long as i have had it, i always it up before driving and have racked up most the miles on the highway. Only time i have fun with it is on ice, where i can comfortably slide all i want with minimal wear and tear. Still use it as a daily driver in winter, even with what looks like racing slicks... anyways, if you are ever going through the "valley", you should shoot a email and maybe we will meet up and drive...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey I am here in Columbia Falls, but I will be down in Missoula the whole summer! We should all meet up some time! Nothing much to show for me but a 1987 MK3 7MGE with minor bolt-ons! Well I am down there I am either gonna swap a jz or rebuild my 7M? Your guys cars are sick! I have been receiving a lot of pics of MK4s down there I got one of a white one and a black one? ( I have my friends or family snatch a pic of supras if the ever see one! Haha)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody in montana selling their stock supra rims? my 17" borbets type m's took a beating when i went off the road and i need some cheap rims before i go to college. I only need two... any help, or even a response, will be appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Supra Mk3 owner here! Im in Kalispell. I know of one other Mk3 around here but you sure dont see very many. I've heard of a few attending the autocross races.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts