Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Monza Bov off ebay for $95.00. People were telling me it would leak and it was a pos. Well I took my car for a ride once it was installed and am very satisfied with the sound and the functionality. I am only running stock boost(I hit 8psi) probably because I have a free flowing exhaust) but I hear no compressor surge at all. I will update this thread with a sound clip when I fix my oil leak and can actually drive the car for a bit. Later.

·
Registered
934 Posts
BadBoyToy said:
I would like to hear how it turns out.
KINGPIN, is the any particular car show they go to?

Well i've heard from Eric Wong, that his buddy got his Monza BOV from Darknights... Though I'm not 100% sure... I heard its a Canadian company who makes them... So far the only place I've seen that BOV go for sale is on ebay from a company called Street Imports in Ottawa. I went around Pacific Mall area and some private stores in scarbrough and asked about that brand... No one carried it... Its not well known... It's sure cheaper than the real HKS SSQ... they want 400+ CAD for one of those. If you can wait, I would check out darknights as some of the vendors there may carry it.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
I've been through cheap bovs myself. The price seems great at first, but over time you will find yourself getting something else.

BOSCH bov is a good alternative and no stall issues. Otherwise, Greddy Type RS is a nice valve.

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
SlimFastSupra said:
I've been through cheap bovs myself. The price seems great at first, but over time you will find yourself getting something else.

BOSCH bov is a good alternative and no stall issues. Otherwise, Greddy Type RS is a nice valve.
Well so far it seems fine, btw I am using GE electronics so I don't have to recirculate like my fellow GTE guys. Really for the price, I can't beat it. If I start getting up into the 11-12 psi range we will see how it holds up. Nothing says that just because it's not HKS it doesn't work as well. Alot of people across the pond are using this BOV with high boost applications with no problems. They are made in Austrailia by Autotecnica Later.Autotecnica Website

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
well from experience bud went thru 2... but u wont be pushing 12+ psi anytime soon! u might be fine! they sent him a 3rd one and at the base it had holes drilled thru it like they were gonna bolt it down on something!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Monza is an australian brand which is manufactured by a company called autotechnica...

StreetImports sells them, check them out at major toronto car shows... i know i saw them at importfest and i heard they were out at performance world as well...

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
ya, i had an autotecnica monza type 3... i hate it. I haven't tried any of thier other models though

·
General Hooligan
208 Posts
Blitz SS all the way meng

1 - 10 of 10 Posts