Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my car won't start for shit!, I've started the car, it takes a couple of turn to get it running probably 4-5 turns. Once I got it to run it wouldn't idle. After messing around with the Afc2/Vpc I got the car running and it finally idle for about 1minute then dies. Now it won't even run anymore, I turn it probably 10 times already and still nothing! Then I opened up my spark plug(2 front that's visible) to check the plugs and it was soaked with oil! WTF! I'm really puzzled as of this point, I'm going to try cleam up the oil and give it another shot! My question is how come it doesn't start in once click! Now I think I fried my VPC chip. Also there is some smell coming from inside the cabin. White smoke pouring out of the exhaust as well as black smoke! Can some one please shine some light for me!
My setup is

Daveh t67 kit
680cc Low imp injectors with resistors
SP 3mm HG
Arp Studs
Afc2/vpc mk3 550cc chip
walbro fuel pump
FMic w/pipes Greddy Type R bov
NGK iridiums

·
Registered
402 Posts
did you try doing a compression test ? make sure there isnt alot of oil in the intake track that could be from seals in the turbo ? not saying the turbos bad but anythings possible. are the valve covers leaking? try to find the source of oil that is leaking.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Sounds like the HG was not done right.

·
Addicted to Boost
315 Posts
Yeah, sounds like Head Gasket was not done correctly. If the hg doesnt seal correctly then you will leak coolent and oil into your cylinders, hence the white and blue/black smoke. The reason your car prolly wont even start now is because you have oil in your spark plug valley, if there are any liquids in that vally the plugs are shot on the spot.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
try clubna-t

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sounds like you need to redo/ get the person who did your headgasket, to redo the job right (you didn't reuse your headbolts did you?)

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
I would expect you to be running very rich with the 680's on a 550 VPC Chip , but if your plugs are clean your idle,response and gain settings on the VPC are zeroed out your car should start normally and resume running rich AFR's In the 10's. I have a similar setup and have had no starting issues. Check the HG make sure it was torqued properly and done right , check your Timing and try resetting your ECU. A good indicator that would show you if the head gasket is at fault is to check your A/C if its not blowing as hot or Cold as it was before the install it would indicated that your coolant is leaking into the cylinders. I would think that car would start even with coolant leaking into the cylinders and you would see tons of white smoke. Problem seems to lean toward tuning and ignition timing , maybe fuel.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Did you just do a bunch of mods before this happened, or did it not want to start out of the blue? What was the a/f ratio when it was running? Did you check the oil to see if it was milky looking?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well if you just had your headgasket done. Your going to have all kinds of smoke coming out your tailpipes. Are you sure your valve cover seals are bolted down tightly. My plugs were soaked too... Turns out 2 of the bolts were missing lol

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
HG was done right, followed every step on TIS plus I had my mech. watch over me and check every thing I did, sorry I wasn't clear but Oil was soaked on the tread of the plugs so I'm guessing it's the valve cover seal, going to replace that today. Everything was done all at once, HG, Studs turbo the whole nine yards. once it was done it started up like a charm, after that, I installed my injectors, afc/vpc and now is when the problem started! I've check the oil and it's still clean as if it's new oil just poured into the motor.

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
You put the afc as karmen right? Your afc high/low setting should be 74/75 and low map setting @ 1000,1500,2000 rpm should be around -22 to -27 right?

please get wideband before you lean it to those setting. Those were based on my old setting with my built motor.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Ok, so oil on the plugs is no big deal, fix the valve cover leak.

So the issue is the larger fuel injectors. Did you compensate for the larger injectors before trying to start the car? Did you check the a/f ratio when the car would run? It sounds like you are probably just too rich.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok, I got more [email protected] yay! I think I'm the next na-t Jinx anyway heres more of my problem

Found that oil leak is valve cover BUT I also found GAS in my oil pan! YES GAS IN THE OIL = NO [email protected]!!!!!! I've changed my oil 3 times today everytime I change it from a 5qt of MOBILE1 synthetic oil it came out 8qt of OIL AND GAS! and same shit keeps on happening. I flushed it with 10qt of cheap oil(x3). WTF someone shoot me! I spent 150 on OIL TODAY that includes filter as well! Here's my theory that could be the problem Injector is stuck open, or I'm running way too rich. The thing is I leaned out my afc to -50 and vpc to all lean condition which is 9 oclock position. I've also notice on my lc1 wideband it's reading 7.4 AFR alot. Thanks for the help!

·
NA-T Member
1,021 Posts
MekoZ said:
ok, I got more [email protected] yay! I think I'm the next na-t Jinx anyway heres more of my problem

Found that oil leak is valve cover BUT I also found GAS in my oil pan! YES GAS IN THE OIL = NO [email protected]!!!!!! I've changed my oil 3 times today everytime I change it from a 5qt of MOBILE1 synthetic oil it came out 8qt of OIL AND GAS! and same shit keeps on happening. I flushed it with 10qt of cheap oil(x3). WTF someone shoot me! I spent 150 on OIL TODAY that includes filter as well! Here's my theory that could be the problem Injector is stuck open, or I'm running way too rich. The thing is I leaned out my afc to -50 and vpc to all lean condition which is 9 oclock position. I've also notice on my lc1 wideband it's reading 7.4 AFR alot. Thanks for the help!
7.4 AFR's !!!! man, those 680cc's are dumping all your fuel into your cylinders. Like i told you before, i dont think the vpc/safc can control that big of injs with a mk3550 chip. Maybe you should get some 550 cc injs.

Jay

on a side note, are you running a adj. fuel press. reg.?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
It's possible that it's a bad injector, but not too likely. My guess is something is wired wrong. re-check the AFC, VPC and the injector resistor wiring.

·
Banned
566 Posts
I had an na-t car come in for a diagnosis, similar issue. I noticed fuel coming from the wastegate, and turns out #6 was locked open and dumping all the fuel into that cylinder contaminating the oil. Ask your mechanic to check each plug with a "noid light", to see if the is cont. voltage to any injector while cranking. That, or tow the car to my shop, and i can go over it for you. Sounds like its wiring related, ive had bad vpc chips still start and run the car.

Josh

1 - 20 of 20 Posts