Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the blue connectors replaced with all red ones. :) I have also attached some more detailed pictures some custom parts that people have asked for. Of course we all know the drill when dealing with Geocities, you will have to cut and paste the links to get them to work.

Later, Steve

This is a picture of the engine compartment.

www.geocities.com/steve_jarvis_me/SP63sm8.JPG

This picture show the metal tube used for the IAC hose. It also show the custom braket supporting the pipe. The custom bracket supporting the K&N filter for the valve cover is also visible.

www.geocities.com/steve_jarvis_me/SP63sm9.JPG

This is a picture of the heat sheild I made to protect the ABS electronics and boost controller sylinoid.

www.geocities.com/steve_jarvis_me/SP63sm11.JPG

This is another view of the heat sheild.

www.geocities.com/steve_jarvis_me/SP63sm10.JPG

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
steve who made the heatshild for you im looking for one!

·
10,459 Posts
steve who made the heatshild for you im looking for one for my set up!

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for posting the pics. :)

I just made the heat sheild in the garage. It 's pretty easy when your working with thin metal.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
I didn't think it would be possible, but the install is even cleaner looking than before. The red connectors and silicone hoses really set off the whole setup. I still want to take a ride around the block one afternoon when it's clear out so we'll at least have a little traction.

I heard about 'ol reliable (the RX-7). Is it camped out in the Jarvis garage again? I'll give Jonathan a call this week and we'll all have to get together and find something to do with the cars, or just test out that new GT3 steering wheel.

Later,

-Brad

·
4,417 Posts
Looks Great Steve!

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JSpecZ32,

Let me know when you want to stop by and we'll take it out. Traction is good in 3rd when the road is dry. I don't think Jonathan has even been in it yet.

No need to talk about the RX7, he has seen the light and is buying a Supra. I guess the old saying is right "if you can't beat them, join them". :)

JSpecZ32, Marcus Frost, RSA Supra, Jim Swantko

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure that red was the way to go. I just thought it worked with the red car better. I plan on getting the Greddy intercooler pipes and TRD brace powder coated silver to match the SP intake and intercooler pipe. I might paint the spark plug cover the same red as the car after that.

Later, Steve

S

·
0 Posts
Where did you get the silicone couplings from? What sizes did you need for each location?
Thanks.

·
10,459 Posts
steve i would like a heatshield like that how much ??

by the way love what you did!

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Steve Jarvis said:
JSpecZ32,

Let me know when you want to stop by and we'll take it out. Traction is good in 3rd when the road is dry. I don't think Jonathan has even been in it yet.

No need to talk about the RX7, he has seen the light and is buying a Supra. I guess the old saying is right "if you can't beat them, join them". :)

JSpecZ32, Marcus Frost, RSA Supra, Jim Swantko

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure that red was the way to go. I just thought it worked with the red car better. I plan on getting the Greddy intercooler pipes and TRD brace powder coated silver to match the SP intake and intercooler pipe. I might paint the spark plug cover the same red as the car after that.

Later, Steve
Looking good Steve, really good. You might want to consider the Jet hot Satin coating for teh Intercooler and brace. It will not only match intake but will protect heat protect both and lower the intake temps on the I/C. I had my RPS header done by them and it came out fanatastic. On my cars next down time I am sending mine in, they are currently color matched to the car.

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Supreme,

I got the connectors here www.bakerprecision.com/purosil.htm

Here is a list of the connectors:

MAF to intake pipe 4" - 3.25" reducer (not needed if you have a VPC of course)
Intake pipe to turbo 4"
Turbo to BOV pipe 3"
BOV pipe to intercooler pipe 3" to 2.75" reducer (I used a 3" connector here)
Intercooler pipe to throttle body 3.25" to 3" reducer (I used a 3" connector here)

I didn't replace any of the other intercooler connections because they are not visible.

RanGer498,

I really don't have the time to make something up right now. With Christmas next week and a cruise the second week of January. I also have some airboxes to get to Dusty. If I get a chance, I will give you some dimensions.

BTW Thanks for the compliment.

DANKAHOLIK,

Thanks.

Later, Steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts