Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another 385 topic. I haven't explored this yet, but since e85 reduces emissions ( as much as 24% in some case studies) could it help with passing emissions testing for some of us modified Supras?

It's just a thought, but I haven't ran at CAT in forever and get my state inspection smog certication by other means. However, woudn't it be sweet if running e85 can actully make your 740rwhp APU supra smog legal?

Your thoughts and analysis are greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
109 Posts
it could reduce emissions but any smog tech looking at the numbes would know. e85 increases co2 beyond the normal 14-15% gasoline puts out. doubt he would fail you becuase of it. im sure it will help out tremendously. only way to find out is to put it on the sniffer and see how it does.

·
Go Getter!
365 Posts
A "smog tech" would not know in washington...I worked there for 2 years and there is no cert. process if you choose not to do so. Even so they dont care! as long as it passes it a thumbs up...so e85 is probably a valuable tool to have

OBD2 vechiles on the other hand, I dont believe it would make a difference.

·
Senior Spooler
1,206 Posts
I would try getting a cat up near the DP where its hotter and also a cat after the midpipe. Both of course v-banded in and easily removed. Then run e85 and see where its at.....

I'm positive you could reduce emissions , enough.... no idea? Worth a shot...

OBD2 cars are not sniffed so its not a issue.

·
Senior Spooler
1,206 Posts
I have a Supra here running AEM (OBD1 year), that we are going to emissions test on E85. I think we may first try with no cat, and then add a cat if we have to. Should be interesting to see what we can do.
John, I believe you will need the cat , but post results, please! :)

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Use the cat john so there are no 2nd trips. :D

I have a Supra here running AEM (OBD1 year), that we are going to emissions test on E85. I think we may first try with no cat, and then add a cat if we have to. Should be interesting to see what we can do.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now this is the information I am waiting for. Keep us posted John.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts