Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, yet another fun electrical problem.

Turn the key to accessory position, no problems, turn it to the on position, sometimes it goes totally dead (lose radio lights, everything), turn it to the start position and lose everything forsure.

sigh, I hate electrical.

did it last night on the way home, was fine today, went to go out tonight, and no joy, I'll take a clsoer look in the morning, see if I can't see anything visibly out of place.

switch still feels ok, but it's possible that it's bitched, but I assume there's a solenoid that's fired when it gets to the "on" position?

·
+1 FTMFW
756 Posts
this is what the switch looks like

/
/
/
. . . .

off acc on start

so i im guessing theres a short someware on the on setting the start setting is the same as on but it also opens up current to the startor motor relay

ill get back to you on this

·
SF Lurker
31 Posts
I was just having this problem this week. I would have power when I opened the door and when I put the key in the ignition. But as soon as I turned the key, I lost all power. I cleaned up my battery cables since they were kinda corroded and that fixed my problem. I think my cables just need to be replaced.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmm, ya battery cables can do some awfull stupid stuff, and it just turned mild awfull fast, I'll try that.

my best friend broke up with his girl of 3 years, so I didn't get much done today except him out to the bar and not thinking about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts