Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Banned
227 Posts
Ring times will not contribute to the sucess of this automobile one but, they are 100% irrelavent. No one will base the decision to purchase this car on lap times.

· Premium Member
7,355 Posts

· Registered
18,343 Posts
Do you remember the 7:15 time that floated around here in a long thread a few months ago? It was a long, silly thread as well. They were swearing up and down that it was true. :lol:
I have been holding back but I have an in car video of a 100% stock GTR lapping the ring at 6:20, on a damp track (actually someone had thrown a rod in a car through the side of the block in 17 corners and there was oil in the track). The driver had just gotten her driver's license and was also legally blind. Nissan is holding back to make sure that when any car beats their time they can go out and beat the time right after it.

In fact when the CEO of Nissan said the GTR that did the 7:38 time was not a production car what he neglected to say was that it had 1500 pounds of ballast weight on the car.:)

· SF.com Member #0000000023
1,702 Posts
No shit, when did Takumi start delivering internationally?

-M

I have been holding back but I have an in car video of a 100% stock GTR lapping the ring at 6:20, on a damp track (actually someone had thrown a rod in a car through the side of the block in 17 corners and there was oil in the track). The driver had just gotten her driver's license and was also legally blind. Nissan is holding back to make sure that when any car beats their time they can go out and beat the time right after it.

In fact when the CEO of Nissan said the GTR that did the 7:38 time was not a production car what he neglected to say was that it had 1500 pounds of ballast weight on the car.:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.